Rear Brake calipers

TrekLawler

Thanks Marty.

I'll keep this in mind. but I have been able to secure some rebuild kits for the calipers. they're not in bad shape, but just really needing some rebuilding. has anyone had these apart or can provide instructions on how to break them down? The manual is not very clear.

Thanks in advance

I had a company car, a Reliant SW and it was less than 5 years old.  The flex lines were OK until they were not OK and a rear flex line burst and I was barely able to avoid an accident.  I have an 89 TC with  less than 11,000 miles on the odo.  I changed all 6 flex lines last year.

Edited by Budtee
added info (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2017 at 9:59 PM, TwinCamFan said:

I know just what you should do!  Struggle with them for a while, get frustrated, then take Marty up on his offer of replacement calipers.:P Easy right?

AJ

Thanks AJ,

I appreciated Marty's offer and am going through his catalogue as we speak as there are a few things I need. but as far as the rear calipers are concerned. I did find rebuild/boot kits for them and discovered how to get the piston apart. the drivers side had two spring washers internally that were broken that were not allowing the emergency brake to work properly. I've been lucky enough to find replacement pieces for less then a buck and rebuild them and have them back together. so if anyone wants to know how to rebuild rear brakes let me know, I;m somewhat of an expert now :).

Edited by TrekLawler (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/18/2017 at 11:09 AM, TrekLawler said:

Thanks AJ,

I appreciated Marty's offer and am going through his catalogue as we speak as there are a few things I need. but as far as the rear calipers are concerned. I did find rebuild/boot kits for them and discovered how to get the piston apart. the drivers side had two spring washers internally that were broken that were not allowing the emergency brake to work properly. I've been lucky enough to find replacement pieces for less then a buck and rebuild them and have them back together. so if anyone wants to know how to rebuild rear brakes let me know, I;m somewhat of an expert now :).

Any time you have figured out a rebuild process,, part numbers, parts sources, etc. it is always beneficial to the community to share. :)

1 hour ago, rmtroutman said:

Checkout Rockauto.com. They have remanufactured rear calipers at reasonable prices for the TC plus some rebuild kits.

Not any more, look at 88 Dodge Daytona, may still be some available.