What happened to my post.

junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff, 

I checked through the moderator logs and it appears that there was an inappropriate response posted by another user a day or two after the initial identification . Apparently since it had been identified as a non-automotive item and there was a post that needed to be deleted, another moderator simply deleted the entire discussion.  A rare occurance but nothing sinister.

18 hours ago, Curti said:

There was another post that was deleted. It was a painting of a Pierce Arrow with two dogs and an old house in the background. 

18 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

For heaven's sake!  Why was the posting of an automotive painting deleted?.. .  

Maybe it was deleted (?) , because of "perspective perversion". ? In other words , the optical axis of the copy camera was displaced and not perpendicular to the plane of the painting. It then totally screwed up the draftsmanship by inverting vanishing points. Remember ? But on the serious side , I would like to see that artwork properly presented. It would be interesting to see if the emotions and rather strong feelings would change if it were presented with intended perspective. Very sorry to hear it is gone.   - Carl

P.S. I thought it was a '31 Cadillac. But then again , I suppose ol' Cadillac Carl would probably try to mount up six ducks in a crowned shield and hang it on a Duesenberg. Shame on him !    - CC