1938 Buick Century Model 61 - Restoration

MCHinson

Gary Wheeler is posting his restoration story in the Pre-War Buick forum. Gary's story has had a quite a bit of influence on me deciding to undertake a restoration project of my own. I can thank (or blame) Gary for his influence in this. Here is a link to what will hopefully be the story of my restoration of my newly acquired 1938 Model 61. I don't expect to be as efficient as Gary, but hopefully it will be worth reading.

• Like 2

Looking forward to following your progress on your new project, Matt.  I am a member of the 36-38 Buick Club and am finally making progress on my 1937 Model 41.  I also just acquired another future project, a 1947 Buick Special 2 Door Sedanet.  I can sure relate with your mouse problem.  When I cleaned out my new 1947 I removed three 5-gallon buckets of mouse nests.  Speaking of that 1947, I put a post in the Buick General Forum a couple of days ago trying to identify an odd item that is threaded into the exhaust manifold.  Still no luck.  Anyway, I wish you luck on your project.

Bill

• Like 1

Matt..  Congratulations on the "new" car and Good Luck with the restoration!  

You have been such a big help to me throughout my project.  If there is anything at all that I can offer or help you with, PLEASE don't hesitate!

Sincerely

Gary

• Like 1

I debated where to post mine. Since I have a lot of AACA friends and serve as a moderator, I figured I would use the Our Cars and Restoration Projects forum since that is a slightly more appropriate forum for the discussion. I did figure I should at least put a link to the discussion in the Pre-War Buick forum. I must admit that my personal strong preference for 1937 and 1938 versus 1939 means I never took the time to read all of your discussion. I hope you get a chance to take the time to edit it to upload all of your photos since photobucket screwed up your photos. I would like to be able to go through your discussion and that would be much better with the photos. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MCHinson said:

Gary Wheeler is posting his restoration story in the Pre-War Buick forum. Gary's story has had a quite a bit of influence on me deciding to undertake a restoration project of my own. I can thank (or blame) Gary for his influence in this ...

You're in trouble now, Gary! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1