Supreme Wheels on 68-69 Rivi's?

NC1968Riviera

Is anyone running 15" "Supreme" wheels on their 68-69 Rivi or have any pictures of these years wearing them?

There seem to be several manufacturers of this style and most have the universal lug holes that require lug adapters.

Do stock Buick lug nuts work on these wheels or would I need to by "mag wheel" lug nuts as recommended on most listings for these wheels?

Since I see so many 1960's and earlier cars running these wheels, I assume there is no issue with them fitting over the wheel hubs and that they will fit snugly against the brake drums?

Thoughts and photos are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mike, I don't have any pictures to help, sorry. Some wheels will have the slot with adapter required, others will have the round hole for a specific bolt pattern, depending on the brand you choose. All will require the mag style bolt, not the stock Buick lug nut. Check Newstalgia wheels website. They offer several brands of wheels, might find something there you like. You can get a complete wheel and tire package mounted and balanced and shipped to your door, if you want that.

http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steelman said:

Another wheel that has the vintage look is the Rocket Strike. This is the polished version.

FW_1895_250.gif

That looks like a reproduction of an original Radir wheel. Originally made with aluminum spokes riveted to a chrome rim. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rader+Wheels&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=sinv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQ9Y77ovPVAhVH9IMKHc50Ac4Q_AUIEigC&biw=1024&bih=768#imgrc=-AtHUbJM-1r3TM:

The wheel that George Barris chose to use on the original Batmobile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCRiviera said:

Answering my own question:

'68 Rivi with Supremes

Wow! Nice collection. The triple black - my favorite.  One of the very few automobiles I prefer with a vinyl top. Wish I had it.

Not one with red stripe tires?

They were made for muscle cars in black.  B)

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

The cool thing about Supremes is, they work with just about any "lined" tire, from thin whitewall to WWW to redlines.  I love them on certain cars, pretty much any fullsize.... Cadillacs, Rivieras, Galaxies....I tried to buy this Riv out of Detroit last year.  I love it's whole set-up.

supremes.jpg

1 hour ago, Black River said:

The cool thing about Supremes is, they work with just about any "lined" tire, from thin whitewall to WWW to redlines.  I love them on certain cars, pretty much any fullsize.... Cadillacs, Rivieras, Galaxies....I tried to buy this Riv out of Detroit last year.  I love it's whole set-up.

That's YOU B.L.  Total Supreme

Time to convert to that class setup :rolleyes: sin headlamps of course.  Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

(JMHO)

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, PWB said:

That's YOU B.L.  Total Supreme

Time to convert to that class setup :rolleyes: sin headlamps of course.  Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

(JMHO)

So, I'm having trouble picking up your sarcasm because we aren't face to face....are you making fun of the custom redlines on custom wheels on a custom lowered beautiful Riviera that I don't own, because redlines didn't come on the car? And making fun of my car? Seems unbecoming of a member to trash another member's taste or especially car unwarranted, don't you think? To each their own and whatnot?

No man!

You stated you tried to buy that Detroit car. We both love it and you could have it.

I stated just my opinion. My apologies.

Both yours and that Detroit car are nice as I have openly praised your existing ride in the past.

WOW   I don't DO sarcasm.