MEMBER CLASSIFICATIONS

bobg1951chevy

Bob,

There was a recent(2/3/4  or maybe more months ago?) thread on this topic. From my failing memory, turns out you can access that descriptive by editing your profile and change it to whatever you want. That's why mine is now PACA Member with PACA meaning Packard Automobile Club of Australia!

Edited by Ozstatman (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozstatman said:

Bob,

There was a recent(2/3/4  or maybe more months ago?) thread on this topic. From my failing memory, turns out you can access that descriptive by editing your profile and change it to whatever you want. That's why mine is now PACA Member with PACA meaning Packard Automobile Club of Australia!

Thanks, Oz ! I did as you suggested, but find my "rank" is already pre-posted, with no alternative for me to make changes.

Edited by bobg1951chevy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Bob,

Are you sure. Once in your profile, select the Edit Profile button and it should open up. Change "Junior Member" to whatever you want then scroll down and click the Save button on the bottom right. If you want to be a Jedi Knight, here's your chance!;)

Yes edit profile and fill in the box that says "Member Title" with what you want to appear. It's probably finding the "edit profile" button that is the sticking point. It is in the upper right and has the image of a pencil next to it. In the upper right corner of your "cover photo" to be more precise. "edit profile" tab is next to the same tab you use to upload your cover photo, the "cover photo" tab.

Edit Profile

Basic Info

Member Title

Edited by mike6024 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mike6024 said:

I went from Junior to Senior for no reason that I am aware of, especially being very new here.

You still show junior on my screen. Odd.

I was told , many years ago, the newbee, junior , senior changed by post number.  I don't know the formula or if that is even correct.

Ben

• Like 1

The label starts out a Junior Member and at some number of posts, it should change automatically to Senior Member. I don't remember what the number is. It is possible (or was at one time) to manually change your own title to something personalized. I don't know if the current version of the forum software still has that option or not. The profile editing was fairly easy at one time. I think it is a bit more confusing now, if it is still an option at all. If someone can't figure out how to do it and really wants it done, they can send me a request by PM and, with my administrative access, I can edit it for you.

• Like 1

Agree, hard to find settings particularly since I only see part of the labels in my browser.

Way I found is go to the top right of the page. Click on your name (not the avatar). Select "Account Settings". On the far right under "Other settings" select "Edit Profile". The "Member Title" is the first fill in the blank. Can go past one line.

I do not know if there are any requirements (e.g. number of posts, member status) to do this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MCHinson said:

The label starts out a Junior Member and at some number of posts, it should change automatically to Senior Member. I don't remember what the number is. It is possible (or was at one time) to manually change your own title to something personalized. I don't know if the current version of the forum software still has that option or not. The profile editing was fairly easy at one time. I think it is a bit more confusing now, if it is still an option at all. If someone can't figure out how to do it and really wants it done, they can send me a request by PM and, with my administrative access, I can edit it for you.

For me, it is an issue of curiosity only.  I'm not hung up on titles, I saw the different titles and wondered why and how.