1931 Buick 56-C convertible coupe seattle WA craigslist

NOT MINE

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/classic-antique-1931-buick-50/6258880571.html

1931 Buick 50 Series Model 56-C - $18500 (Lynwood WA)

1931 Buick 50 Series Model 56-C, convertible coupe (roadster), straight eight (first year), original and complete, wire wheels, side

mounts, rumble seat, golf bag compartment, trunk and trunk rack, un-restored. barn find, stalled project, stored 60+ years. Sorry no trades

and I don't text, Don. 425.773.1973

00Y0Y_luLroTbu76y_1200x900.jpg

00202_8mvP4TXJwCZ_1200x900.jpg

00E0E_5pytNhLuZa9_1200x900.jpg

00l0l_kV3GSjBUqkE_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_2SCjUDZxqjT_1200x900.jpg

• Thanks 1

It sure looks straight.  I wonder about the paint - it almost looks like black primer.  With the chrome looking that good, it's hard to believe the paint would have oxidized that much.  I'd love to know a bit more about the history of this car.  Distance and my current project prevent anything more than just drooling, but someone is going to get a really neat car.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Imperial62 said:

For the last 7-8 years, but yes.   I know it has become cliché and is over used and often incorrect.  Nonetheless, I am happy to see the term used to sell an old car.   It has become part of the hobby jargon and invokes a certain nostalgia.  It usually means a family could not stand to part with a member of the family. 

I dunno. In my experience, it's often used to put lipstick on a pig.  That is, they use the term "barn find" to invoke an image of a valuable car that was stashed away years ago, when its more likely to be a POS, partially disassembled car that was buried under a mountain of junk because it didn't run.

Edited by KongaMan (see edit history)