V12 Cadillac Spark/Distributor Connectors

Hi:

These connectors belong to me. There were 12 of them in a plastic back. They are for 1933 Packard. I'm not sure how you cam by them, but I had mailed them to a customer in Vancouver, British Columbia in December of 2016 via US Mail, including proper customs paperwork. My customer indicated they never arrived, and after several months, I provided him with a refund, as this was the last set I had. My customer needs these to complete a restoration, and I would appreciate your returning them to me at the following address. If you'll left me know the packaging and postage costs, I'll be please to send you payment by whatever means you prefer.

Cordially,

Michael Sweeney

24185 Mission Belleview

Louisburg, KS 66053

(913) 837-1660

Guest Chris Yarrow

I purchased a full set (12 spark plug adapters) for a 1937 Packard coupe roadster from Michael Sweeney a while back. I work for a restoration shop located in Victoria, BC Canada by the name of Rudi and Company who also specializes (work famous) in the restoration 300SL Mercedes-Benz cars. These spark plug adapters never arrived in the mail to me or for that matter never left the  US.  Michael has documentation from the US postal service regarding this mail he sent to me. He sent me a refund cheque to me but that cheque never arrived for some reason as well ...

He has since sent me another refund cheque to another address in Victoria that I just received. I still require this set of spark plug adapters as I have never been able to locate them anywhere other than from Michael Sweeney. This Packard I'm working on is nearly finished it's restoration so it would be very nice to have what I ordered from Michael originally of which I don't have and can't find.

Michael indicates that these spark plug adapters are his and wants them back in order to send them to me so I can finsh this car I'm working on.

Please advise.

Chris Yarrow

Canada

RBK:

By the way, there's a alphanumeric number on the connector which isn't visible from your photo, but which I know because I'm looking at one of the three connectors I have left in my stock.

The number is "S20A VR10MC"........I can send a photo of one if you still feel this is insufficient proof of the my remarks. Also, I've contacted Chris Yarrow (the intended recipient of the package

of connectors)...He will add his remarks to this thread shortly, if he hasn't already.

Michael

Guest BillP

I don't think RBK has an interest here other than as a commentator. 

It would be worthwhile for the OP, 72Caddy, to provide documentation of his colleague's purchase of unclaimed baggage. There may be more to this story. 

Just an observation : Are you guys communicating with 72caddy by PM as per initial posting ? He has been AACA and has had very constructive forum presence for quite a few years. I'd bet he will be only too happy , as a known "car guy" , to see these connectors happily home at last.   - Carl 

Many PMs about these, so please let me tell everyone the history of these (past 3-4 weeks).  I'll leave most of the details of the PMs out because it is not productive.

Here are the facts.

1. A co-worker, who has no interest in cars BTW, found these in some luggage that he purchased from Unclaimed Baggage. Look up the business if you like. This is lost airline luggage not postal packages.There are rules and waiting periods before they can sell anything. To suggest legal action shows little due diligence. 

2. This co worker gave them to another car guy at work because these were labeled "v12 Cadillac". This second co worker, who I am friends with, is mainly into Mustangs and rods but knew I am into older correct cars. He gave to me to see if I could use them. If not, he told me to find them a home. I never saw the label but took my co worker at his word.

3. After a couple of business  trips I realized they were still in my backpack. So I took a quick photo and posted this ad. First one to express interest and the fact they would use these (not resale) and to give me their address got them. That's why I asked for PMs. To clear out the resellers.

4. The new owner paid what I did. Nothing. My original co worker is the only who is out money but he bought the luggage as a gamble anyway. 

There is no way I could have knowledge of the previous lost package and the customer who was in dire need to finish their restoration.  I realize there is great frustration with the lost package situation and a valued customer not having what they need but the inuendo is out of place and not productive for anyone.

I can garanttee you there was nothing nefarious behind any of the people involved once these were discovered.These were almost thrown anyway by three different people. Be happy something rare found a good home. I am. I'll ignore the crows on the wire.

Edited by 72caddy
Grammar (see edit history)

72caddy...Certainly No negative innuendo's from me (the original seller of the connectors). I never thought of this issue as being anything other than a simple case of "lost and found" (the US Mail lost them and your co-worker found them). I received your PM identifying who you sent them to.  I am planning to reach out to him and request he return them to me, which I believe all parties would agree as being the ethical thing to do. We'll see where this goes.

Cordially,

Michael Sweeney

Hello all:

FYI, I have since contacted "Bob 56", requesting the return of my spark plug connectors, which he paid nothing.....This is his response: "I have followed the thread and you have proven nothing other than you know how to demand. 72Caddy said "First one to express interest and the fact they would use these (not resale) and to give me their address got them. That's why I asked for PMs. To clear out the resellers." I am not a reseller. This issue is closed, please do not contact me again"

I'll let the court of public opinion judge whether his position is fair and ethical.

Michael Sweeney

24185 Mission Belleview

Louisburg, KS 66053

Read full message