My Essex

TerryB

This lighthearted post was inspired by an ad I saw recently for a Ford Model T frame that got me thinking about starting with a single part and building a finished car around it.  The idea of starting with something simple like a frame or engine seems like it would be an interesting challenge!

Terry

The next box of corn flakes might have a different part you need 'free inside' it.  Hopefully you'll attain all 6,236 parts without any two having the same part inside, or before the free offer runs out.

Craig

43 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

The next box of corn flakes might have a different part you need 'free inside' it.  Hopefully you'll attain all 6,236 parts without any two having the same part inside, or before the free offer runs out.

Craig

And I've been buying boxes of Cracker Jacks!  No wonder it's taking me so long.

Terry

• Like 1

Whatever you do, don't try and find a grille for a 31 Essex.

After searching for 2 years to get a good one I splurged and went high buck for one on Ebay.

After receiving it, a fellow in New Zealand pleaded to buy my rusted one.  He was bidding on it at the same time and he hesitated when the price went up. I told him that I was keeping it in case I was in an accident.

You will notice that I was missing the rear doors until I found them off of a Hudson in Denver. 

PS, the hubcaps are pretty cheap, I have about 9 of them, looking for the perfect ones.

DSCN0428.JPG

DSCN0429.JPG

Edited by Roger Walling (see edit history)

12 hours ago, SC38DLS said:

Roger I have a pretty good idea where there is a radiator cap in good shape if you need one. 

Thank you but I have a replica of the flying goddess that gets quite a bit of attention. The car has been modified, It used to be a two door but I converted it into a limo. That's why I had trouble locating two more doors.