36-37 cord mirror?

F&J

I believe this is a cord mirror?  How can I know for sure like bolt pattern (two) or ?  I know it is not repro.

What model, if Cord, sedan, convertible or both? How to tell if right or left, as I don't know where it attaches to

100_0043.JPG.e7a6bd3ceaf1490791fd696408a8dc94.JPG

Edited by F&J (see edit history)

8 hours ago, alsancle said:

Frank,

Not 810 or 812 open or closed to the best of my knowledge.  Perhaps aftermarket.

Thanks AJ, The reason I used Cord ID was that I found a white new box with a pair of these, but repro, in the Estate 34 LaS maroon car trunk.  No factory print on box, just a hand written word of "cord".  They were then handed to the owner, and I said to put them where they won't get grabbed by a visitor here.  They are now MIA.  Hubby once had closed and open 36-37s, but no L29s.

Hhmnnn, an instant re-thought just right now.... could they be for the LaS???   I need to look at a bunch of 34 Las old-vintage pics now.  It is odd they were in that convertible's trunk?  and nothing else??  Yesterday, while sorting chrome LaS stuff, I realized that I had no clue, as to if a an outside 34 LaS mirror was even standard, or never had one?

well if they are LaS, I am not sure if those two repros can ever be located again at the estate.  Might be in her home, and I doubt she will recall some random small box from 3 years ago, with all else that was kicking around.  A boxed/labeled complete 34 Cad radio is MIA as well :(  ,,,and I do have the "switchable" tiny dash mounted LaS-logo faceplate that would fit that radio.  Double> :( 

While many L29 Cords had side mounted spare tires upon which rear view mirrors could be mounted, I don't believe that there was ever a "Factory" outside mirror for the later 810-812 Cords.  Off hand I don't recall seeing any body style's Cord advertising picture with them. The doors had concealed hinges that were at the rear, so that eliminated hinge mounting.  Clamp-on mirrors were notorious paint chippers, and unpopular among owners who cared.  So about all that leaves is mountings requiring drilling holes in some area of the sheet metal or windshield frame, also something some would be hesitant to do.  Some owners solved the problem by awkwardly mounting the mirror to the driver's door handle, others mounted them to an unseen point between the hood louvers.
The mirrors shown have a bit of a Mopar look to them, but just guessing.  A picture of the mounting area might be helpful. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave Henderson said:

A picture of the mounting area might be helpful. 

It is strange as to angle.  The mirror base must go on a true 90 degree vertical plane to have the gooseneck look right, and to have the mirror head be good looking angle ?

I think Keiser got it, only because the estate guy was really into those Chryslers , but none were left for me to see.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:52 PM, olympic said:

That mirror looks a lot like the mirrors that were used on Lincoln Continentals. My 40 had right and left mirrors and those 2 screws attached to the exposed door hinge. Dave

Thank you so much....the long-gone now, estate Lincolns were a 42 Continental, and a 40 Zephyr, both were convs

I'm sorry that I missed your reply until just this very moment. I was/am in no rush to ID it, but my delay with no response from me to your helpful post, might have been misunderstood... Again, Thanks!

Edited by F&J (see edit history)