4 Engines FREE

Yes Greg , I just got off a long phone call with Mike. There is a time and storage issue , therefore free. I have just been helping , and have found homes for quite a few of the engines from Mike's father's collection. Dad died around 30 years ago , the big money engines out of around 125 have been sold. Mike and I are just in it to hopefully save these rare parts. It has been interesting to have seen what some of these old engines bring. The Cadillac engines , 1916 , 1920-'21 , 1926 , and 1932 found happy homes without having to twist arms or give away. We are surprised that there is no interest in the 1928 Graham-Paige complete w/ starter , gen. water pump , distributor , carb. , and trans , all on a well built stand. Not one inquiry. There once was a time ........... Sigh !   - Carl

• Like 1

Guest earrll26

you could try calling this guy,he will probably be interested in alot of the older stuff like grey dort,or graham paige.

519-676-2432 Stan Uher Classic Coachworks, Blenheim,Ont Can

Hopefully, this thread will find the engines a home.

If not, please don't scrap that sidedraft Stromberg carburetor!!! With 150,000 + carbs and almost that many years of life ;) , I don't need it, but seems there is always someone looking for a sidedraft Stromberg.

Advertise here, or Ebay.

Jon.

• Like 1

The last 3 pictures show 1929 to 1932 plymouth 4 cyl engines, the distributor mounting is diecast and hard to find. I have a guy in Zimbabwe looking for a cylinder head, but freight costs will kill it..

Advertise them as plymouth/Chrysler and you may get someone take them

Viv.

• Like 1

Carl, Have you considered a listing on eBay?  ....even showing them for free with local pick up only. You'd certainly hit a much larger audience and if one didn't have to pay (or pay too much) for an engine it could help cover the shipping cost. There just has  to be a way to get these relics into the right hands after saving them for so many years.

G.

I am in CT.  I would be there in a moment just to save them if I could.  They look in great condition, too.

Maybe they will survive... I found my much needed cylinder head, a 32Nash Six, on a "what is it post" here on AACA main discussion forum, not the correct forum.  It looked familiar, and pics showed the casting number... So I bought it after a 7-8 year search!  I even sent extra money than ship quote was, to get "extra care packing". 

Please also see "Early '20s Overland eng. & trans. - FREE" , under  "Kaiser , Frazer , Darrin , Henry J , Willys" below. Also "1915 Model 25 Maxwell" , under "Maxwell" below. This is for 4 free Maxwell engines. The '15 has trans , on stand.  There are other engines , such as this '31 Chev , i would think that if the right guy has a trailer within a couple hundred miles or so , this would be a worthwhile day trip. Make yourself a very good deal on the '30 Buick coupe also. As long as you will be there , try to sweet talk Mike into giving you the complete '28 Graham Paige eng and trans on stand. Along with you guys , Mike and I want to see these parts saved. That is the motivation , and upcoming sale of the family home is the time element. Mike does not want to part out. He works full time , and is making the effort to save everything. Buy the house and garage and outbuildings ! Keep all the old iron for free ! Just about 1/2 serious ! But , "Nothing ventured ............... " !   - Carl.  408-721-8261

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thank you , earrll26. Talked with Stan. Possibility there , particularly in that he has a daughter in Bakersfield , CA. Not too far off I-5 corridor.   - Carl

P.S. :  The Saxon engine with the Stromberg sidedraft and the ornate primer cups has a temporary stay of execution. If need be , I will take it out to my low humidity "ranch" I have a 45' Great Dane trailer near the gate I could preserve it in. Let me see if I have a pic of the "ranch facility.  - Carl

Yes , you can see that out here it is very remote. You can barely see the 'Dane out by the gate. I think once some of these engines are here , it might be  quite a chore to move them somewhere else. Also , the '28 Graham Paige. I can't understand why there has been no interest in this one. It is not locked-up yet , but getting tight. It would be fun to just get it running on stand again.  - CC

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by C Carl
Add pics (see edit history)

A few years ago, I would have been offering a safe haven for some of these. But my situation now is not as secure as it was then. I was almost interested in the Graham Paige engine myself, but unfortunately am too broke at this time to justify trying to buy it. I have a '27 Paige 6-45, and one of the early '28 Graham engines is nearly identical to my Paige's motor (I have seen a couple of them years ago, as well as read the Paige parts book. Unfortunately, this particular graham engine is not that one that was a continuation of the Paige motor. It would appear to be a latter half '28 or '29 engine. I suspect a few parts may be close enough to function if needed. And, since I do run into Paige and Graham owners occasionally, I wouldn't mind housing a few spare parts. Unfortunately, the Paige and early Graham crowd are not a very cohesive group. Sad, because the cars have some very interesting history, and were well respected in their day.

Please give me a call. At this point the more you take of the free iron , the more it knocks the price of anything else down. For example , there are the free Maxwells , the free '21 Overland , etc. Mike needs to have the property cleared soon , so prices on such as the Graham Paige engine & trans , and the 30 Buick coupe will drop to a "can't refuse" level. Haul it all.  Thank you very much for saving what you can. Production of some of this stuff seems to have ground to a permanent halt.  -  Carl  , 408-621-8261 , or 206-790-6912

Hi Wayne ! Man , thank you for the interest and info on the G.P. That is the very first ripple whatsoever on this machinery ! Let's see how much Kirk wants to haul off. He is still so young and energetic. This is what Mike was hoping for. A real home in the hobby to the highest purpose. He has resisted some lesser intentions. On a personal note , I hope your situation is a mere temporary setback. I have gathered it is not a trivial matter. Though a bit younger than I am , you certainly don't need me to remind you that you are not a kid anymore. In your youth , did you ever know Richard when he had the Shanghai in Historic Auburn ? Too bad that greedy cousin of his screwed that up. Richard and Stephanie are hosting one of the greatest Airbnb retreats now , in Colfax. Great setting featuring the Yurts they import from their trips to China. And Chef Richard sure has a knack with a stove !  Talk about energetic !  Call or P.M. if you'd like.  - Carl

Edited by C Carl
Spelling (see edit history)