mid 30s grille top emblem decor

F&J

Some stuff my friend fond in a barn cleaning. One is Ply, and one he thinks is Chevy he might have said..

We know the spotlight head, the bike oil lamp, the newer bike headlight might be repro, aftermarket 50s gas door lock, but the round, red glass lens?  has inside flutes, has a subtle nipple shape at top, threaded like a jar.  Auto or not, we have no clue

.DSCN0960.thumb.JPG.8e74fc1d49e1620a6a2d8d2ba53c0432.JPG

The red lens might be the glass cover for a beacon, like at an airport, or along a railroad track, etc. Also, I have seen vintage fire trucks with light posts at the corners, which had lenses similar to this. I almost bought a Larrabee-Deyo firetruck years and years ago, with similar lenses on rear vertical posts, but those lenses were lavender purple, of all things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lump said:

The red lens might be the glass cover for a beacon, like at an airport, or along a railroad track, etc. Also, I have seen vintage fire trucks with light posts at the corners, which had lenses similar to this. I almost bought a Larrabee-Deyo firetruck years and years ago, with similar lenses on rear vertical posts, but those lenses were lavender purple, of all things. 

I have seen lenses like these as hazard warning lights, activated when an alarm sounds

• Like 1