Meet The Action Twins!

For those of you who have never seen one of these hood ornaments, I hope you will enjoy this. Manufactured by The Action Ornament Company of St. Paul, Mn. Patented in 1931. I'm not sure about trying this on my car. I have visions of the propeller coming off and skittering across my hood, taking out chunks of paint as it goes, or perhaps the whole assembly coming unglued, and busting the windshield. On the other hand....I'm thinking I've just GOTTA try it once.:D

action twins 1.JPG

action twins 2.JPG

action twins 3.JPG

action twins 4.JPG

Action twins advertisement.jpg

action twins patent 1.jpg

action twins patent.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

A friend of mine had one hidden away in the box, basically n.o.s. He never got it out for me to see, but he always mentioned it. One day, he calls me up and tells me he's having a yard sale. I zip over there and while I am there, he tells me that he found that ornament and was so proud that he got $20.00 for it. I about DIED! I would have given him a hundred bucks for it and I never even got to see it. His girlfriend said it was, "REALLY in wonderful condition". I just walked away.

Just now, Curti said:

John, you would have stole it for $100 . What a great piece !

It was probably worth $100.00 at that time. It was priceless and one of the all time coolest ornaments, to me.

Rick , around here you'd have more to worry about than the WINDSHIELD getting busted. They'd bust the DRIVER for looking at it. Distracted driving ! Yeah , with that piece you would have to be on the lookout for cops and robbers ! Sorry you missed out on yours , John. I imagine it felt like a combination of a gut shot and a stab in the back.   - Carl

• Like 2

12 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Yes, you should.  The ACTION hood ornament would

be much more fun in action than in a box on a shelf.

Invite a couple of friends to share the first ride, to make more memories.

Yes. And have one of them man (or woman) the camera for a video !    - Carl 

13 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

Very cool. The propeller shaft appears to move in and out, is it designed to do that?

I don't think so. Appears to have an issue. I have calculated that the blow dryer only approximated 4 mph. Should I be worried about trying the ornament on my car?? Trying it on any car that has better than a "20 footer" paint job seems unwise.:o

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I would try holding it out the window of my car and driving about 40 or 50 miles an hour, see what happens. 

(just don't let go!)

Just now, GregLaR said:

I would try holding it out the window of my car and driving about 40 or 50 miles an hour, see what happens. 

(just don't let go!)

LOL. I don't think I want the plane of rotation of the prop in line with my head when I try that.:unsure: