Too nice to cover up!

rodneybeauchamp

Is this too nice to cover up with carpet!

Just finished putting in the Car Builders stage 1 sound deadening over the floor which had been sanded clean and re-painted with POR 15. Certainly hoping it deadens sound as good as it looks, a layer of carpet underlay covers this, then the carpet.

Distributor re-installed a few days ago and it now runs after a too long a time off the road. Getting close, getting excited!

Rodney

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Have a shirt made out of the same material as your front seat upholstery.  Then watch the reaction at traffic lights when to others it appears as if your head is floating behind the steering wheel.  Then explain to the officer that you left your driver's license in your torso...  :wacko:

OK Rodney:  So, if you have a really tight engine running great  and the stock exhaust I'm gonna guess your Riv will be one of the quietest 63 Rivs there is! 

If people only knew how great these cars are with stock everything....in good shape of course, there would be little need for modification!    Mitch

9 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

I had the idea you lived down around Cincinatus. What's this about traffic lights?

Bernie

Nah, I'm just outside Oz in L. Frank Baum-ville.  We have traffic lights AND one-armed bandits!  ;)

The-Road-To-Oz-Scenic-Backdrop.jpg

• Like 1

It should make a very noticeable difference. On my old ponycar, I used 2 layers of peel-n-seal,  then a layer of frost king duct covering on the floors. Made an incredible difference. Much quieter, and dramatically cut the interior heat down. Thinking seriously about doing it to my Riv.

1 hour ago, jsgun said:

It should make a very noticeable difference. On my old ponycar, I used 2 layers of peel-n-seal,  then a layer of frost king duct covering on the floors. Made an incredible difference. Much quieter, and dramatically cut the interior heat down. Thinking seriously about doing it to my Riv.

Thanks for that reassurance, as you can see the next layer of waterproof underlay now going in. Soon should be able to put in the console and front seats. Been extremely difficult driving from a kneeling position, they think I'm a dwarf!??

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 4/3/2017 at 9:40 PM, EmTee said:

Nah, I'm just outside Oz in L. Frank Baum-ville.

Had to look that one up to figure it out.

I have stopped in Syracuse fairly often over the past 10 years for things related to environment and sustainability. A big one is coming up this month on the 21st.

The first time someone said they wanted Syracuse to be known as The Emerald City because of the "green" culture it was a real hoot. My Daughter went to St. Lawrence University and things are a bit different in the north country. My first thought was "Yeah, RT 11 is the yellow brick road and I know who lives at the other end."

The Syracusans didn't seem to see the humor, much less the Cantonians.

Bernie

• 3 weeks later...