1966 Buick Salesmaster Records

JZRIV

Was that one of the Buick awards for dealers/salesmen?

I don't know when it started and ended but the Select 60 Buick Dealer award was the Buick General Managers award ('80's & '90's?)  There was also the Pasesetters award which was the Sales managers award.

I have ask about these and have received little information.   I would be great to get a list of the dealers by year but so far nothing.  

I had a stack of Chevy and Olds Jam Handy records converted to CD's a few years back. No Buicks, but I think the ;64 or '65 Olds one told how to promote the Rocket V8 over the Wildcat. They recommended asking "Wildcat? What's that run on, fish or cat food?" Those boys play rough!

Buick didn't seem to make a lot but here's a link to start you: https://www.discogs.com/label/380688-The-Jam-Handy-Organization

Keywords are Buick Jam Handy

Bernie

6 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

From my memory, the Buick Salesmaster award was for outstanding sales persons in the dealership awarded by Buick.

Each carline division had similar awards for their top dealership salespeople.  I think the similar Chevrolet award was "Legion of Leaders".  MUCH of the Jam Handy videos are on YouTube, plus many Buick videos for dealership training and such.  ENDLESS hours of watching!

I don't recall where I found them, but I also downloaded many pictures of annual Buick sales meetings . . . zone and dealership people.  I've got those saved on a different laptop.  BUT it's "out there" in Internet-land, somewhere.

A few years ago, somebody in the GS group posted a link to a Buick dealers' list in the Southern Zone.  It was amazing at how MANY Buick dealers there were, especially compared to now!  Outside of the metro areas, usually paired with Chevy or Pontiac or Olds and GMC.  I've got that file saved, too, on another laptop.

NTX5467

8 hours ago, NTX5467 said:

I don't recall where I found them, but I also downloaded many pictures of annual Buick sales meetings . . . zone and dealership people.  I've got those saved on a different laptop.  BUT it's "out there" in Internet-land, somewhere.

NTX5467

When I worked for Buick, I went to quite a few of the annual Buick sales meetings.

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately I have not seen an actual copy of one so am not 100% sure what I am asking for. Based on what info I was given prior to posting, it was relative to top sales recognition events which is consistent with what was mentioned above. I hope to get a partial copy of one shortly. 

If you listened to the records close enough a salesman could get the matching ring. I picked this one up 10 years ago. It is a big enough lump to get noticed at Buick gathering.

015.JPG018.JPG

I am not much of a jewelry wearer so it spends a lot of time in a dish with watches on my dresser, The watches are dusty too.

If anyone gets to that metal diner in Harrisburg during Hershey week you might recognize this wheel from the building across from that diner.

019.JPG

I'm just a slave to fashion.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)