Registration Card Question

John348

I have been meaning to ask this for years but always forgot so as I was filling out the my registration for the 2017 Winter Meet In Ocala and on the car there is a section Brakes: 2 wheel   4 Wheel  Spouse Car What in the world spouse car brakes? Also why is so important to have this info on the registration card but not ask how many doors the vehicle has?  (I thought it is pretty much common knowledge when or close to when four wheel brakes came about) 

Thanks

Edited by John348 (see edit history)

I always register online so I am not sure exactly what the form you are talking about looks like. On a few early cars the answer to the question (2 or 4 wheel brakes) makes a difference in determining which class the car belongs in. The spouse's car question should be just so the car can be listed under the correct name for a joint member. It might be beside the brake question but should be a separate question. I don't think any vehicle class assignment depends on the number of doors a car has. 

9 minutes ago, MCHinson said:

I always register online so I am not sure exactly what the form you are talking about looks like. On a few early cars the answer to the question (2 or 4 wheel brakes) makes a difference in determining which class the car belongs in. The spouse's car question should be just so the car can be listed under the correct name for a joint member. It might be beside the brake question but should be a separate question. I don't think any vehicle class assignment depends on the number of doors a car has. 

It is on the card that you receive in the mail. when requesting meet information. it is not spouses, my point about the doors is that is just about as pertinent as the brake question which makes ZERO sense to me

If you were registering a car that would belong in class 17 or class 18, the registration person would have to rely on your indication of the car having 2 wheel brakes or 4 wheel brakes to determine which class the car should be registered in. The registration person would need to know which name to list on the registration form for a joint member, so the spouse's car block would be used to enter the owner's name correctly. There is no reason to ask for the number of doors because it does not make any difference in which class the car would be registered in.  

John,

There is actually a very good reason to ask for this in addition to getting the name right on the windshield card.  In assigning judges, the Chief Judge needs to know if you or your spouse have car registered, so if you and or your spouse are also judging, you are not assigned to judge your or your spouse's car.

As a side note, when I was in college as a Senior, I was on a team to monitor Freshmen class testing.  Soon after the testing started, one of my freshmen signaled me over and needed to ask a question.  I said I can't answer any questions.  He said this is in the demographic section.  The question on the form was "Do you have a spouse?"  I asked if he had a wife and he said, "No"....  Then just put down "No".

John, you're a step ahead of this guy!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 61polara said:

.......................... The question on the form was "Do you have a spouse?"  I asked if he had a wife and he said, "No"....  Then just put down "No".

That's my first laugh for the 2016 Christmas Day. I guess I am ahead of that fellow too. Glad they did not ask, "if so, how many"!

:-)

On 12/24/2016 at 11:58 PM, real61ss said:

Merry Christmas John hope to see you in Ocala 

Hey Tommy!

You will see me there for sure. The show field is about a 3 miles from my house in Ocala! I am trying to finish off my 60 Impala 348 four speed car now in NY, just enough to load it up an button it up down in Fla. It is way too damp and cold here now It's coming out pretty darn good so far, better then what I had expected. I will email you a few photo's later tonight. I had gotten my Junior with it in 2003 but that was all it was going to get, a little damage on the right front side lead to a total restoration, it is coming out better at this point then my Biscayne was at this stage, still I have a lot of work to do, but I don't have to tell you, you know what it is all about 

On 12/24/2016 at 9:51 PM, 61polara said:

John,

There is actually a very good reason to ask for this in addition to getting the name right on the windshield card.  In assigning judges, the Chief Judge needs to know if you or your spouse have car registered, so if you and or your spouse are also judging, you are not assigned to judge your or your spouse's car.

As a side note, when I was in college as a Senior, I was on a team to monitor Freshmen class testing.  Soon after the testing started, one of my freshmen signaled me over and needed to ask a question.  I said I can't answer any questions.  He said this is in the demographic section.  The question on the form was "Do you have a spouse?"  I asked if he had a wife and he said, "No"....  Then just put down "No".

Thanks for clearing that up! That make's sense, the lack of a division between the topic of brakes and ownership was interesting, I guess something got lost in my written question, trust me I am pretty aware what a spouse is, I have had several of them over the years ........ that I am still paying for

Edited by John348 (see edit history)