1932 Buick series 60

37buick

GREETINGS!!!!    Need some  help  to  find out  how  much  i  can  pay  for   a  1932  Buick  series  60 , 

Older restoration   .     great  straight  clean   body  .         ENGINE   HEAD   BLOWN  !      WAS  OFFERED   FOR   10 K. 

Please    give  me   some   inputs   .  tx 

buick 3.jpg

buick 4.jpg

buick placa 2.jpg

buick placa.jpg

Edited by 37buick (see edit history)

I think we need a bit more info.  What specific model is it?, sedan, coupe, phaeton?  Is head blown or just gasket, or whole engine?    Seems to me, if all else good, you might take a chance at half the asking price, depending on model and actual condition, such as good chrome..

John

And condition of top and interior. This could range from totally intact weather proof original top , protecting a highly presentable useable mildew free original interior , to your worst nightmare. Structural wood ? This is all a REAL BIG DEAL ! The implications of this , and John's advice above should be obvious. If you need meaningful further guidance here , you really should include pictures of all aspects of the car. Good detailed shots , with decent resolution would serve you well. Also , you just might be lucky enough to have a friendly fellow club member not too far from you who could help. I hope for your sake that all it needs is a bit of mechanical work , and you get a good car at a reasonable price.  - Carl

Along with the top, interior and wood comments, remember that if you cannot drive the car, you cannot evaluate clutch, transmission and rear (not to mention front end, brakes, etc.)

So, in my opinion, these are all suspect.  (seems like many sellers don't acknowledge this)

Which model is critical to value.  model 65, only 79 built.  model 66, 636 built. 66C 450 built.  66S 1678 built.  67 9,031  built.  68 1514 built.  68C 365 built. 

After rarity comes  condition.  The drive trains are common to all the 60 series models.

Bob Engle

Thanks for the photos. I would say $10,000 is a good buy for a beauty like that, even if it needs mechanical work to get it running. Provided the engine isn't totally ruined, I'd say go for it!

Pete Phillips

Leonard, Texas

1932 model 57

1932 model 57-S

1932 model 56-S

and other Buicks...

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:36 AM, Pete Phillips said:

I would say $10,000 is a good buy for a beauty like that, even if it needs mechanical work to get it running. Provided the engine isn't totally ruined, I'd say go for it!

I know the market is not strong now, but I agree it looks super nice for 10k.  I don't see drooping door handles or doors that don't fit well, so I'd guess the structure and wear looks promising.  Complete down to matching sidemount covers, rack, and twin horns...chrome looks very nice....etc etc etc

however, I am a huge fan of 32 and 33 USA Automobile styling...so I am biased  :)

On 12/7/2016 at 0:23 PM, 37buick said:

GREETINGS!!!!    Need some  help  to  find out  how  much  i  can  pay  for   a  1932  Buick  series  60 , 

Older restoration   .     great  straight  clean   body  .         ENGINE   HEAD   BLOWN  !      WAS  OFFERED   FOR   10 K. 

Please    give  me   some   inputs   .  tx 

Anybody   interested in the  car can send me  a  pm .    and  i  will  gladly help the owner making the  deal .  tx