Letter from Buick

As a 19 year old back in 1969 trying to get information on my 1928 Buick Roadster I wrote to the company.

I was surprised at the very prompt response I received from the Owner Relations Department.

Remember the days when we wrote letters and were content to wait the weeks or months for a reply.

img-161103154627-001.jpg

img-161103154752-001.jpg

I notice it was returned for additional postage and there was a struggle with the address!!

• Like 3

I spent some time in that department when I worked for Buick.  Also had a lot of interaction with the people there when I was handling customer issues in the field.  They were a great bunch of employees.  I have breakfast every Monday with a past director of Customer Service.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Ha ... yes, I do remember those days!  Awesome keepsake you have there.  Kinda wish we were still in that time period, at least where correspondence is concerned.  Received a letter recently from an older cousin; her husband died a few years ago & didn't see the Cubs in the World Series.  Her daughter & son-in-law took her to 1 NLCS game & 1 WS game, & it was so cool to read her letter about her experience.  I actually called her Saturday afternoon to talk to her about it.  Today's society is geared so much towards instant communication it is sometimes sickening & suffocating.

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc

"Remember all of the good things" | John Anderson | '1959'

I have something similar I received in 1971. My interest was in the 1934 models. Included were photocopies of performance charts, individual component weights and lots of other stuff. It is all in storage in a box somewhere. I still remember that the 1934 Series 90 engine weight was 1100 lb fan to clutch (to produce 104 hp), and the Series 40 was about 750 lb - comparable with a BBC..