31 Ford Tudor or 31 Chevrolet Independence for TALL guy

Rob Rose

I am 6 ft 6 with a 34 inseam (relatively short legs for my height) and looking at those two cars. I found a Tudor owned by a guy 6 ft 3 who has the bracket that moves the seat back 3 inch and he said its fine.  I haven't found cars locally to try on-hopeing for some input here.

Thanks!

I believe you made this request on the Ford Barn last week.

good advice was to go to a car show and ask to sit in the cars. I have owned both. Think the A is a bit roomier, will cost a little more and have better resale in the end.

The Chevys are great cars as well, just more difficult to find parts, but definitely a little less expensive to purchase.

If you really want roomy, buy a nice Buick. They are the cats meow!

• Like 1

I agree with everything Mercer09 states. While I am not familiar with Chevrolets, a Model A tudor has a front seat assembly that can be easily modified one way or the other. The overall height is not as much of a concern as the length of your legs relative to the dashboard (gas tank on a Model A) and steering wheel. Try to make friends with people who own both and see what fits you best. I would vote for the Model A for the same reason Mercer states, but, then again, I am partial to Fords-especially Ts and As.

Rob,

I'm 6'2" w/ 33" inseam. I have owned seven Model A's that I have used for touring inc. a 160-b, and a 400-a. The cabriolet (68-a) is by far the most comfortable for me, even with the top up. With the top down height is of course a non issue. Leg room is the best for me in the cabbie, the best of any A's I have driven.