1925 start/generator motor

carmover

I need to find someone who can rebuild my start/generator for my 25 buick.The armature looks pretty good but the brushes are worn down and the roller has a large flat spot on it.I need someone whose has parts and know how and can give me a fast 

turn around if possible.

Sorry about the S/G issues. I know when we spoke several weeks ago you thought it was a wiring problem. If Terry Weigand or Larry Schramm sees this they will give you the correct go to guy contact. I have new brushes and have a new nylon roller to install in mine if need be.  I would undertake doing mine if that is all it would need  I would be afraid to do someone else's for fear of doing some damage.

Larry, I checked all the wiring and everything is ok all the crimps are tight and the starter wires are all wired properly.I checked the wires at the starter with a test light and was getting voltage when the switch was turned on.

the old man that worked on it about ten years ago has passed away and nobody at the shop i have always used knows anything about something this old..When i put the starter back in it turned over but was not meshing with the flywheeland when I let it up and pushed it down again nothing happened.I am thinking that the problem may be the flat spot on the roller.By the way your disc I promised is on the way to you I mailed it out today.

10 hours ago, dibarlaw said:

Sorry about the S/G issues. I know when we spoke several weeks ago you thought it was a wiring problem. If Terry Weigand or Larry Schramm sees this they will give you the correct go to guy contact. I have new brushes and have a new nylon roller to install in mine if need be.  I would undertake doing mine if that is all it would need  I would be afraid to do someone else's for fear of doing some damage.

Here ya go.

Call Jason at Starter-Generator Rebuilder. He is in Grand Ledge, Mi and has information on this site. Jason Smith Phone: 517-345-7272 Phone: 866-228-0218 Email:jason @aerrebuild.com Address: 16574 S. Bauer RdGrand Ledge, MI 48837

Thanks for the help Larry! I had this information in my Favorites. When Windows 10 did the hostile takeover of my computer ....all gone....! So I have entered it on paper in my address book. Thanks for helping carmover. When I spoke with him about his 1925-25A it seems that he has had every bit as much frustration as I have in keeping these cars on the road.

Wow with this response I have reached the 1000 mark!!! Time flies while you are having fun.

• Like 1

I talked with Jason This morning and I am getting ready to ship the S/G to him.I appreciate everyone leading me to  jason he seems like a class act,I looked at some of his work on his website gallery and was very impressed 

with the attention to details.

• 2 months later...

Jason is now working on my Start/gen motor and called me Friday and said the comutator was bad and there is none available for the 25 Buicks So there is a guy making one and it will take three more weeks and more money.I am hoping everything else  will be ok and he can get it back to me soon.

Edited by carmover (see edit history)