Who Currently Makes The Best Current Weatherstrip Kit?

96roadmaster

Getting ready to take my 64 for paint and will be replacing all the weatherstripping. The companies I'm familiar with are:

Steele

CARS (Old Buick Parts)

Original Parts Group

Should I pick among these or am I missing a better one out there? Looking for the highest quality kit regardless of cost.

Steele is a family run business in North Carolina and their products are first class.  You can buy direct from them.  They have hosted car shows at their facility and have provided tours of their manufacturing plant.  If it isn't exact, they won't sell it.  Made in the USA is the way to go!

• Like 1

We ordered ours from Rock Auto. I remember it being substantially less expensive than the others. I don't recall the manufacturer but I had heard of them before. Might be worth looking into, I was surprised they had the kit.

Tim

10 hours ago, alini said:

I ordered my stuff from Rubber the right way, it all fit awesome.

www.rubbertherightway.com

These guys sometimes sell on Ebay too, sometimes cheaper than their website.  Thats where I got the cardboard for the trunk......$20 less than the website price

4 hours ago, Kaber said:

We ordered ours from Rock Auto. I remember it being substantially less expensive than the others. I don't recall the manufacturer but I had heard of them before. Might be worth looking into, I was surprised they had the kit.

Tim

I looked at Rock Auto to see for whom they are distributing parts.  I picked a random part - door seal kit - and Rock Auto sells Metro Molded part #LM12E for $46.79.  The Metro Molded website has the same part # listed for $86.10.  ??????? Looks like a good deal to me.  I should have checked sooner and saved myself a couple of bucks.

Ed

33 minutes ago, RivNut said:

I looked at Rock Auto to see for whom they are distributing parts.  I picked a random part - door seal kit - and Rock Auto sells Metro Molded part #LM12E for $46.79.  The Metro Molded website has the same part # listed for $86.10.  ??????? Looks like a good deal to me.  I should have checked sooner and saved myself a couple of bucks.

Ed

I was surprised they had it. I bought a full kit and it was well under $200. We bought our carpet kit from there too, I remember that being a little cheaper. It was made by ACC. Very nice stuff.

T

On August 11, 2016 at 8:25 AM, Riviera63 said:

Glenn Cecchine/buicknos is selling CARS, Inc. weatherstripping on e-bay right now for $46.10 with free shipping. 

Bill

Just checked the set I ordered for the '58 and it turns out it was from CARS. Normally I love their products but the weatherstripping is already falling apart and is not rubber...the inner foam is deteriorating. This is the door weatherstripping.

Looks like Steele is my best bet, will wait a couple of days in case someone can recommend a better one before I place a full car order.

Thanks guys! Look forward to getting my car painted asap!

4 hours ago, 96roadmaster said:

Just checked the set I ordered for the '58 and it turns out it was from CARS. Normally I love their products but the weatherstripping is already falling apart and is not rubber...the inner foam is deteriorating. This is the door weatherstripping.

Looks like Steele is my best bet, will wait a couple of days in case someone can recommend a better one before I place a full car order.

Thanks guys! Look forward to getting my car painted asap!

Thanks for that. The door weatherstripping on my car was replaced 3 years ago by the previous owner. I don't know the maker. It is ripping and falling apart along the bottom edges of the door. I had been thinking of the CARS weatherstripping because it was a great price and normally their products are good. I was probably going to order in the next week or so. It looks like I will have to rethink where I get it. 

Bill

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:03 PM, Pat Curran said:

Steele is a family run business in North Carolina and their products are first class.  You can buy direct from them.  They have hosted car shows at their facility and have provided tours of their manufacturing plant.  If it isn't exact, they won't sell it.  Made in the USA is the way to go!

Does Steele produce window top strips to span both side windows?

It seems all the ones out there only span the front sides and stop at the rear lead. [Not talking lower about the felts]