1929 Buick Roadster Pickup inlandempire CA craigslist

REPOSTED FROM CRAIGSLIST

NOT MINE

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5649005085.html

1929 Buick Roadster Pickup.
Converted from a new model 29-25 touring car by Crown Motor Carriage Co. in 1929. The truck was originally owned by the Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles. The truck was used to retrieve luggage and passengers from the train and bus station. In the 60's the truck was gifted to a long term employee upon his retirement. At some time thereafter the truck changed hands to settle a debt and ended up being stored outside. I purchased the truck a few years ago with the intent to turn it into a Great Race vehicle but have since lost interest in old cars. There are a few unique parts to the truck such as brass castings that were place along the bed sides.
$4,500 OBO

00F0F_jn6qGbUaNRX_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_6PG6KlImilM_1200x900.jpg

00F0F_dJ8k1Nu6Nuq_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_7dlH0cGPcg1_1200x900.jpg

Yep, if I was a young man..... Like Mikey.... Mike could this be "the one" pre-war? 

Just curious, considering it's history and condition, isn't this a fair price? 

Thanks OD for finding and sharing all these early Buicks with us

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrEarl said:

That is cool! Pardon my ignorance but just where is Inland Empire. If I was a young man...

Lamar, the area including San Bernardino, Ontario and Riverside , and all the smaller towns , is collectively referred to as  the Inland Empire. As opposed to the L.A. area, I suppose.

Geography lesson over. I now return you to our regular unscheduled subjects.

Ben 

Edited by First Born (see edit history)
  • Like 1

There is a little restaurant just east of Fontana on the south side of the secondary road (I just checked, might be Rialto on 66). It used to be painted green and the waitress was the only person in the morning crowd I knew for sure wasn't armed. Her jeans and top were too tight. If you got the owner of that Buick in there with the door locked you might hear a whole different story of its provenance. It's a stretch that The Biltmore picked up guests in a custom pickup. The LA chapter should be able to chime in on that one.

"I" sell cars with a sprinkle of BS. I recognize it.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)