For Sale Complete 63-65 Refurbished Rear Center Armrest

Riviera63

Hi,

After much back and forth, I have decided to sell the rear center armrest that I had refurbished with the intention of putting into my 63 Riviera. I am pretty much a stock, keep the car as it was built kind of guy. I had my seat out and was getting ready to start the installation. There would have been some minor metal work that would have to have been done to the seat bottom to make it fit which was not an issue. The little devil on my shoulder kept whispering "keep it stock" finally won out. I just did not want to change it and/or the car from what it originally was. It is a complete assembly including the shorter seat spacer, bolts, screws etc. All the metal work has been painted Rustoleum Satin Black, screws/bolts wire wheeled and clear coated, upholstery redone in white with Clark's Corvair rear armrest upholstery kit and some upholstery padding added/replaced where needed. Being white it is a good candidate to respray any color to match your interior. I am asking $450.00 (which is what I've got into it) plus S & H. Please PM me with any questions or if interested. Thanks.

Bill

IMG_1850 (1).JPGIMG_1852 (1).JPGIMG_1851.JPGP3130672.JPGP3130671.JPG

Edited by Riviera63 (see edit history)

Tell the little guy sitting on your shoulder to shut up........you've got that thing looking fantastic, put it in the car!

you are.... 90 per cent of the way there....the flip up armrest is an awesome option.........so put it in there and send us a pic when you get it installed.

• Like 1

Winston,

Thanks for the pep talk. I am still going back and forth. One thing I will send you pictures of for sure when I get it done is my trunk. I took your advice and got the 65 trunk liner kit from CARS. I also took Pete's advice and covered my cardboard with vinyl. I am working on some other things right now but, that is next on my list. Also, thanks for the tip on another thread about letting the air out of the spare to get it on the shelf. I also have 225/75's and was wondering how in the heck the guys in the garage got that in because I sure couldn't.

Bill

I have a 1963 and that is not a direct bolt in. A cross brace would need to be removed, flat mounting plates attached the same as what is on the 64-65's as the north-south braces are not the same width apart as the bolt holes and a couple of other minor changes.

IMG_2011.JPG

In my "humble" opinion: Wow....this seems like quite the complete, ready-to-install set-up, and at a very fair price. When I purchased a used rear seat armrest for my '63 quite some years ago, I was dismayed to learn about all of the extra pieces that WEREN'T with it, when the box arrived. I found out this situation is common, when many guys remove a Riv rear armrest from a parts car. They just take what is obvious to them, unknowingly leaving behind some critical pieces. The special "grained" metal filler piece that goes between the two rear seat backs is an example of a typically missing part, when a used rear armrest is sold.

I can't imagine the trouble and cost a person would go through trying to find any of these specialty, rear arm rest-only parts, if they wound up buying an incomplete unit. Clearly, with this rear arm rest being sold by Riviera63, the buyer won't have that problem. John

Guest Dale Vancouver

Hi Bill. I purchased one some time ago, assuming it would be a bolt in - it wasn't !  I had to do a bit of metal work also, finding exactly the same as you have.   It seems there must have been some differences in the seats, although I don't know of a change point. Once in place it is an extremely nice addition.   Mine's a '64.     Cheers,   Dale.

• 2 weeks later...