1925 Graham Brothers 1 1/2 Ton Truck

Guest KeansClassics

Guest KeansClassics

A friend of mine has a 1925 Graham Brothers 1 1/2 ton truck that he wants to sell me so I went and looked at it this last weekend. What I am trying to find out is what would the value be on this truck? It has an older restoration done on it and hasn't been started in about 45 years. In all those years it has been sitting and stored indoors. It looks to be in good shape for its age. The engine does turn over. The fenders are pretty straight. The tires are up but very old. Both doors open and shut good. When I first heard about and saw this truck five years ago he was wanting $25,000 for it and recently he told me he would take $10,000 for it. Please give me your opinion on what it is valued at.  Thanks! Graham Brothers Photo 3.jpg

Graham Brothers Photo 1.jpg

Graham Brothers Photo 2.jpg

Graham Brothers Photo 4.jpg

Graham Brothers Photo 6.jpg

Graham Brothers Photo 7.jpg

Graham Brothers Photo 5.jpg

Graham Brothers Photo 8.jpg

Graham Brothers Photo 9.jpg

Graham Brothers Photo 10.jpg

I am researching the tags used on the early Graham Brothers trucks and I am having trouble finding examples of tags prior to 1927. Does this truck have tags and if so could you share an image of the tag with me?

Thanks,

Eric

• 4 weeks later...
Guest KeansClassics

This is the only photo I have of the toe board tag and it's not the best. It is very worn but there at least. I'd go look at the tag again but the trucks over 5 hours away. If I do get it bought then I'll share all the info I can. 

image.jpg

I love old commercial stuff. It's great to collect because it's cheaper than the same bodies on smaller car or truck frame. I wouldn't do anything to it if he trying to sell, as I don't think he's see a return on value. Since he's selling, I doubt hes interested in taking the time to bring the motor properly back to life, which would be the one thing that would help. Still $10k is likely high if that's really his bottom line. He'll be able to enjoy walking by it until inflation catches up to his expectations. Nice truck though!

KeansClassics,

I hope you don't mind more opinions on the 1925 Graham Brothers truck in your post.

It's a nice vehicle and the photos are pretty good, too. If it were running, it might be something film crews would want to hire for movies about

the 20s & 30s. It actually looks like it's in good shape...even the wood wheels.

A friend of mine was interested in the truck for a minute or two, but I think she was put off a bit by 3 things: the price being up in the air, and the facts that your posts don't say where it's at, and the thing's been sitting for almost half a century. $25,000, $10,000, $6,500, 7,500 are being tossed around as prices by you and others. An indefinite price doesn't attract too many people. Since no one knows if the vehicle's in Cincinnati or Cucamonga except you and the seller, most others will be ruled out as buyers unless they are Russian billionaires or Wall Street tycoons, who won't care. The condition (the mechanicals, paint, upholstery, etc.) could be almost anything by now and potential buyers might like to know more.

It looks like you're not really trying to sell the truck here, just get some ideas on what you should offer if you buy it. The fact that the owner is a friend and he dropped the price for you considerably is great. Does the Graham have sentimental value to the owner, or is it just business? The fact that someone preserved it in that warehouse or whatever for 45 years is worth something....even if the vehicle won't exactly start on the first try. There are a LOT of big Ford trucks from this era out there, but I rarely hear of a Graham Brothers! It may be that the truck isn't offered to the general public, and just to you, so sorry if I misread your post at first. ---- Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Guest KeansClassics

You are correct, I am not trying to sell it here but am just trying to gather information on where the market is right now on these old Graham brothers trucks. Because these are not sold everyday I wasn't really sure what the value of one of these would be, but now I have a good idea thanks to the help from this forum.  It was his dad's truck and that's why he's held onto it all these years so there is some sentimental value there.  What he told me was he would like to see me have it because I have taken such good care of another old car he sold me that also was his dad's. Now I just need to work out a deal with him in the near future.