Stutz? Roamer? and Does it still exist?

alsancle

For some reason I had it my head that the rear fender mounted spare was a Roamer thing.  But then I couldn't find any pictures on the net to back that up.  Perhaps you are correct and it is Stutz.  I have another view of it that I will try to find and post.

Bob, now that you've said Lancia, I think that's close. The Trikappa's and Kappa's had that type of rear dumb irons. This is a photo of a Trikappa for comparison. The header tank on the radiator doesn't quite match, or the rear chassis rails. FIAT's also had those rear dumb irons in this period.

post-112122-0-10651800-1453772610_thumb.

Edited by Craig Gillingham (see edit history)

Most definitely Stutz identified by those rear spring hangers. Layden Butler can tell you which year around 1919 Stutz used Rudge Whitworth wheels instead of Houk with the six pins as well as the taper seat. The reason many four cylinder Stutz died was if they accidentally engaged two gears at the same time because the selector interlock was not perfect.

Exhaust was on the left side for Stutz 4 cylinder; and on the Right side with the 4 cylinder Rochester Duesenberg engine in the Roamer.

Post script. Thank you for the excellent detail of the radiator of the Lancia. The one I have to make for my 1911 Lancia Delta. Incidentally, does anyone chance to know of a radiator or

any other mechanical parts for an SGV about 1911-13? They were built from Lancia drawings, and might help me replace missing parts.