SOURCE FOR REMOTE TRUNK RELEASE VACUUM HOSE

Riviera63

Hi,

I am looking for a source for vacuum hose to install a remote trunk release in my car. I have not had good luck at my local auto parts stores for smaller diameter hoses. The manual calls for 1/10" ID hose X 20 feet 4 inches long. I have the old hose which was with the trunk release I had purchased. I confirmed that it is 1/10" ID with 3/10" OD but, the original piece is only 17 feet 6 inches. Maybe this is not the whole piece? Does anyone have a good source for this size hose? Has anyone done this that can remember how much hose they actually used? I assume that 25 feet would be more than enough. Are there any other places where this size hose is used? Thanks for any help.

Bill

I'd think 3/32 ID (.094") would work and is closest standard size only .006 under .100. Ask for that at local auto parts, if no luck see link below.
Preferably you should try a short piece to make sure it fits the nipples before getting the full amount.

I like to measure the nipple OD the line is going on with micrometers. Too easy to buy the wrong line. The ID of line needs to be slightly smaller than OD of nipple.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/301084739176?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Thanks to all that responded. I measured the nipple on the lock mechanism. That measured out as 1/8"OD. I found hose sold by Summit Racing that has 7/64" ID. The price seemed to me pretty reasonable for 50 feet. That is the length they sell. You can find it on e-bay or on their website. Since I did buy 50 feet, if anyone is looking for vacuum line to do their own remote trunk release, I will have extra to sell. Thanks.

Bill

If the spec in the manual has a GM part number with it I am curious if it is the same part number as other GM vehicles that offered vacuum trunk releases? It would be simpler for GM to offer one part number for multiple applications/vehicles and trim to fit. For example, A Cadillac is at least a foot longer and a commercial chassis/ factory limo would need the 20 ft. hose.