65 Riviera Gran Sport for $10k on CL

cjp69

There comes a point in time when its not dollar-wise to restore a car.

Its an early production car but the cost to restore this car  would be  about

$30000 to $40000 more then the value when finished.

I think the 65 Riv Gran Sport is the total package ( have owned 5 ) as far as

looks and performance , but no title and in that condition, they need to drop a "0".

My 2 cents

Bill

Agree with Bill. This car needs everything. The potential in this car is huge, but it only makes sense if you are restoring it for all the right reasons. Reasons like: Because I've always loved this model, it evokes a wonderful memory, it's a fabulous machine or I'm in it for the experience. If you just do the math, it's a losing proposition. I hope it ends up in the hands of somebody who would restore it for the right reasons. PRL

To me it all depends on the rust. Can't see anything major in the pictures but there's a good chance the floor is rusted out. Plenty of people restore cars far worse than this when they're Chargers, Mustangs and other makes. Give it another 20 years and there's be people very sad to think that no one rescued this car.

• Like 1

Only12 built like this? It's not a rare color as it looks like the car was originally white.  White was actually the best selling color on 65 Rivs.  The question is how many white ones came with the standard saddle interior?  It does have small emblems and if the car is legit, that makes it an early production car.  It looks like it needs everything though.  Without seeing how the floors are, it may just be a parts car. 

Guest onedesertdog

Sort of topic, but did the location of the hose to the air cleaner not have a set location? Mine is behind the drivers side snorkel. Just curious.....

Buddy