Any interest?

D-a-n-i-e-l

Just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in my series2/3 supercharged six speed manual 89 Reatta. Not sure if I am willing to sell her but can't hurt to see if there are any interest.

Also I am now in the El Paso Texas area so I may be willing to build a supercharged car for the right price.

Our Amtrak train stopped in El Paso for about a half hour on Christmas Eve on our way to Tucson, AZ in the late '80's.

We were allowed to get off the train and walk around for a bit, but I was shocked to see razor wire around the corner gas station and other businesses as well as floodlights along the Rio Grand River. 

The "town" on the Mexican side of the river was nothing more than tar paper shacks with lots of old cars sitting on cement blocks.

Later, about an hour out of town, the train was stopped by Border Patrol agents who came aboard with weapons drawn to search for some stowaways who had snuck on while in El Paso.  They rounded up about a dozen people, including women and children, before the train was allowed to continue West.

Sorry, but my impression of El Paso, TX was pretty much destroyed forever.  Hope for your sake it's improved since then.

Good luck!

I was in El Paso once in the late 70s as a kid and what left an impression on me was how big the red ants were. Those damn insects were everywhere!

FWIW...My extended family owned a department store in El Paso (and Dallas, Houston, Amarillo & San Antonio) called The Popular. It began in the very late 1800's and flourished from the 1950s thru mid 1980s as El Paso also flourished. From what I've been told, El Paso started to deteriorate circa 1986 as more and more people crossed the border into the US.

Eventually, the family sold the department stored to Dillard's in early 1990s and all (but seven) family members of various generations left the city (125+ relatives in all) by the end of the 90s.  Currently, I have only two distant second cousins in the city and are communication is limited to exchanging Jewish New Year cards. I was willed some commercial land by a great uncle who was a shareholder in the department store (and who as a joke would place a five dollar bill in my diaper when I was a baby for my college fund.. Do that to any baby today and you would get 2 - 5 years in the pokie).  Anyway, don't know where the land is, don't know what value the land has but I get a small check quarterly from a Mexican-named food distributor for billboard advertisement placed on the land.

My series I swap is stopped until Sinister Performance sends me the custom programed chip.    I think this topic is Supercharged Reattas not El Paso . ​  I'd really like to see and discuss other S/C Reattas.   There is a lot of misinformation on this forum about supercharged Reattas.    Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

My series I swap is stopped until Sinister Performance sends me the custom programed chip.    I think this topic is Supercharged Reattas not El Paso . ​  I'd really like to see and discuss other S/C Reattas.   There is a lot of misinformation on this forum about supercharged Reattas.    Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Misinformation? 

Not sure if I understand what information you are speaking of. There have been several people take different routs to supercharge their Reatta, but most have succeeded in doing so successfully. I personally have used three separate setups in my car. With the latest and last being a 05 engine and a f40 six speed manual transmission. That being said I can honestly say, unlike many other swaps, every original system and electronic device still works in my car. 

• Like 1

Yes the reatta has a weak transmission. Almost all the sensors from the ln3 will work on the series one. Minus the oil pressure sensor and maybe one other(it has been a minute). GNX? You will have to explain that one.

If you want series one swap info look up the write up I did years ago.

Also if you find info on the forum let the person/s know so it can be corrected.

To get back to Daniel's original query:

Daniel, putting a price on your car would be very difficult.  As a one-of-a-kind Reatta there is really nothing to compare it to.  I guess it comes down to it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

From what I see of other Reattae out there for sale I would venture to guess your car would be somewhere in the $10 to $15 thousand dollar range.

In re to your other comment:  

I'm too old to want a supercharged Reatta, but I sure would like a manual transmission.  Are you interested in doing this?  Although I think I would have rather traveled to Hawaii than El Paso to have this done.

Stanley

Misinformation?      How about:   GNX,   weak transmission, sensor changes and so on.   Facts not fiction.

So please show us what you have. As Daniel has mentioned, many ways to do the job and he has more experience than anyone I know. This thread wasn't specifically about a S/C Reatta other than Daniels question of value and/or interest.  Not quite sure what the point of your comment is? How about starting a thread to discuss the subject in more detail?

Oops, forgot Betsy Blue, also a S/C Reatta with a manual conversion.

Edited by 2seater (see edit history)