1927 DB Deluxe Sport Roadster

mikewest

Im looking at a 1927 DB sport roadster with a rumble seat. Its a wood wheel car and is quite complete. The serial number on the toe board tag is A 733272. The car is in fair original condition. QUESTION: How rare are these cars? What was the production of the sport roadster? Are there many survivors? Were wire wheels a option in 27? Thanks Mike

Can't answer all, but wire wheels were an option in '27, my cabriolet had them as standard equipment. I have some spare hubcaps available for wires if you acquire car and need parts, they are external thread caps, unlike regular wheel internal thread.

Ive had Dodge Brothers cars but never a roadster. I would like to know from someone in the DB club how many of these cars are listed and if it was a low production car. Maybe even an aprox value of the car as-is garage fresh needing tires and de - mothballing.

Edited by mikewest (see edit history)

Value sure diminishes when a car is used as a shelf.  I won't comment on value, since you ask specifically for someone in the DB club, which I'm not, but will say that, traditionally, DB cars don't bring big money.......plus, "de-mothballing" can mean anything from cleaning out the gas tank to a complete engine rebuild....

The car can be bought . I just need to get my head wrapped around paying more for a DB that I can buy Franklin sedans for. The car is complete down to the curtains and tools. Needs new battleship linoleum, tires ,service (hoses ,belt battery and a set of tires. The paint would polish up. Its original. Im thinking the value running and scrubbed up is 10 K.

If this is a Fast Four, it's worth more than the run of the mill earlier Dodge Brothers cars (and saying run of the mill is no insult, I really like the early Dodges, and have owned five of them, it's just that they're more common and bring little money).  I think that roadster, cleaned and running well, is worth a little more than 10K, maybe not a lot, but a little.  So many things are dependent these days on condition, or originality, or some combination of the two....

David, How do I easily ID whether the car is a Fast Four motor as opposed to the earlier version ? I mentioned the serial number earlier in the post but it appears this was a transition period. Thanks Mike

On the Fast Four, the distributor comes out of the head, similar to the Ford A motors.

JayG beat me to it!

Edited by moose50 (see edit history)