1940 Buick Roadmaster in todays daily Hemmings

Barney Eaton

If someone could tell me how to copy and paste links...... I would post this car.    For some reason since AACA changed this forum, I cannot paste.

I get the daily Hemmings and today there is a very nice looking 1940 Roadmaster 4 dr with side mounts for sale (in Oklahoma)  there are pictures but it does say the engine is stuck.

The asking price is $7500      If someone can post the link,  someone here surely would like to get this car.

Regarding posting links, see the picture below.

If your screen looks pale in the area indicated by the white arrow,  then you should try to click on this switch indicated by the red arrow.  This activates all the tools and then you should be able to post a link and operate all the other features of the site.

post-77230-0-36378100-1440170199_thumb.j

I just copy and paste the address from the address bar and put it in the post.

Steps are

1. Highlight the address from the address bar.

2. Press the control key and C key at the same time.

3. Go to the place you want the link and press Control and the V key at the same time. 

The link is now there. (at least it should be)

No.Instrument surround and glove box door should be engine turned. All graining wrong color and should be 2 contrasting grains around windows. This looks like a good value though for someone looking for a prewar big series. No room and no money or I'd be looking at it.

Guest BigDogDaddy

Also, all of the door and window handles are not correct for a Limited. Limited handles all had a plastic insert in them. The ad says that it has Trippe Lights, or at least implies that. Those lights are cheap aftermarket lights. If he would take $ 5,000. for it, it would be a great starter project. 

p.s. The 1940 Limiteds are more closely related to the 1938 cars than the 1939 cars. Basically it is a 1940 Buick from the cowl forward, and a 1938 Buick from the cowl back. 

Guest my3buicks

Be interesting to know if in a former time in the cars life it was a car that showed up at BCA events.  I note a BCA sticker on the front window

It looks like a solid 40 Limited with some incorrect restoration.  Wood grain on the dash which should be engine turned panels.  The wood graining is way too dark and not very attractive.  The seller says the price is negotiable and could be worth close to the asking price in my opinion.  It all depends on what the needed mechanical work would consist of.