1925 Buick Roadster on C/L - MN $17,500

Hudsy Wudsy

Looks like a really nice car. Could be a late season sport roadster 25-24S since it has a visor and dual spares.

I tried to buy the leftovers from a 1925-24 rat rod project. Originally a partial restoration in which the owner had passed. All the guy wanted was the frame and body. What original parts he was selling on e-bay was; the rebuilt engine with transmission and torched off torque tube, rear axle, front axle and 4 wheels. He also had the top which I tried to buy separately just for the rear window. When I asked about the bumpers he said he "cut them up for the flat stock". According to the listing all items were sold except the top and the rear tire carrier which I offered to buy but he refused. He said after a week no one sent money so he hauled all to the scrap and got $158.00! I know I have expounded about this on the forum before but this just reminded me. It still hurts.

The ad needs a little more information and photos of the engine and interior..... I think I will ask.

I spoke to the gentleman (a BCA member since the 1960s) and he was very knowledgeable about all 1925 Standards. We spent over an hour on the phone comparing notes. It seems that he had owned I believe 6  1925 Standards of various body styles over the years. The car is a regular 1925-24 with some of the sport roadster accessories added. He said the car was originally black and was repainted yellow in 1961 by a former owner. I am still waiting for other info.

I wish I had met him when I bought my touring in  October 2011.

• 4 years later...

I bought this vehicle along with a 30 year collection of parts, it is now black over red after a year of disassembly and reassembly. Have the original bill of sale, and actual mile title as the 4th owner. It takes me several miles to coffee on Sunday mornings, weather permitting, it sits in my heated garage where I admire it everyday. The previous owner stopped by to take some pictures. Love driving this Buick.

• Like 5

I had offered on the roadster at the time and tried to get some of the parts he had after it was sold. No luck, but Hugh was able to get a few things. I met the former owner at the BCA nationals at Brookfield WI. in 2017.

I believe there is a photo of this car in the Standard catalog of Buick 3rd edition pg. 26 under the 1925 section. In the B&W book it was a light color (the yellow  that had previously been mentioned) with a tan top. Also, I believe it had a somewhat unique bumper set up. 

Photos … we need new photos!