Possibly sell

Guest Woodrow03

Guest Woodrow03

I recently purchased salvage rights to the estate of a local woman. I started finding old auto parts under her business, a towing company. I don't really know what I am doing here, I don't do social media or anything like it but I am in need of a venue for possibly selling and identifying some of these finds. I am also not a collector or a vintage or classic car owner, unless you call a 91 Trooper a classic, I think not. I found this radio control head face plate and it's obvious it's from an Oldsmobile but I have researched and I cannot find the year.

This woman passed away last year at the age of 90 something and I'm told she bought "junkers" while in high school, fixed them and sold them. She had a love of cars and she never threw anything that had any value away.I have some other items but if this is the wrong place to bring them, please let me know...and I have no idea what tags are. Thanks

post-106795-143142978368_thumb.jpg

Thank goodness for people who don't throw old things away!

It's very helpful that you're trying to get these items into

hobbyists' hands, because somewhere, someone needs that face plate,

or will buy it for a spare. And I hope you profit in the process.

Roy's suggestion above is helpful. To list an item for sale

in the Buy-Sell part of forum, you should have an asking price;

but in the General Discussion category of this Forum, you could ask

people to identify a few (probably not dozens of) items.

Just be sure to title your thread(s) specifically, such as

"Help Me Identify Oldsmobile Radio Face Plate."

Other people may have more recommendations.

Guest Woodrow03

I don't know what I'm doing yet! So many good and sensible suggestions. Thank you. I have some work to finish then I can check out the options you all suggested. I hate being the "new guy"! Thanks again.

Best to post the unknown parts on the "Photo and Video" section of the forum. Under that heading there is a "What is it" section. There is the place to post the parts.

I don't know what I'm doing yet! So many good and sensible suggestions. Thank you. I have some work to finish then I can check out the options you all suggested. I hate being the "new guy"! Thanks again.

Don't ever be afraid to ask questions on this forum. There are plenty of knowledgeable old parts guys/gals who love the history just as much as the elderly woman who stored these parts.

Practice using the forum and getting familiar with it and you'll be a pro in no time. It's one of the easiest sites to navigate and is the most helpful for this sort of thing. The What Is It section that Keiser mentioned is the best location and you'll have the best luck getting answers there.

Good luck and welcome

• 4 months later...
Guest ozzy32

I recently purchased salvage rights to the estate of a local woman. I started finding old auto parts under her business, a towing company. I don't really know what I am doing here, I don't do social media or anything like it but I am in need of a venue for possibly selling and identifying some of these finds. I am also not a collector or a vintage or classic car owner, unless you call a 91 Trooper a classic, I think not. I found this radio control head face plate and it's obvious it's from an Oldsmobile but I have researched and I cannot find the year.

This woman passed away last year at the age of 90 something and I'm told she bought "junkers" while in high school, fixed them and sold them. She had a love of cars and she never threw anything that had any value away.I have some other items but if this is the wrong place to bring them, please let me know...and I have no idea what tags are. Thanks

Guest ozzy32