Glass polish?

alini

I cleaned all the dust off the car today. All the glass is back in and looks like ass still. The passenger side glass has tons of water spots. I used a green scrub pad and vinegar and it removed alot but there is still alot that can come off....I hope.

What do you guys use?

Try a clay bar on them. Use a detailer spray for a lubricant. You can check your progress by putting a plastic sandwich bag over you hand and rubbing your palm across the glass. It will get nice and smooth with the clay.

Then clean the glass with a good glass cleaner. Advance auto Parts used to have the best. Now they have dropped the store brand. Use half sheets of newspaper to pick up the glass cleaner. Check again with the sandwich bag and keep doing it until you are happy.

Still not happy? I got mine a nice new Pilkington windshield 50th birthday present.

Use lots of RainEx and don't run the wipers on dry glass.

Bernie

When extreme cleaning is necessary like light scratches, I use a 3"x3" felt pad and rodite powder I get on line. You mix up a paste and put on glass and polish. I use a 1/2 Milwaukee angle drill at slow speed. I took out DA scratches in my 69 Camaro but it did take hours. They still make Glass wax too. 4-0000 steel wool and paint polishes also work. I have a wall full of everything and I try everything depending on what the matter calls for. Good Luck.

Hard, stubborn water spots can be removed with claying and some elbow grease, or they can also be removed with #0000 steel wool - use a little soap and water solution to lube the glass, and prevent scratching. It will also clean and remove any over spray, bug stains, or road film off the auto glass. Any good quality wax will restore a nice brilliant shine that will keep it looking clean and shiny !!

I can't hold it in any longer. I'll take the guffaws, and snickers, but I heard about this a long time ago. I've never tried it but I did look it up on the internet, and you all now "you can't post it on the internet unless it's true."

Slice a potato in half, rub the sliced part of the potato on the glass, then follow up with a regular cleaning. Apparently the oxalic acid in the potato juice will cut through whatever. I've also heard that you can rub a raw potato on rust and it will remove it.

You can stop laughing now.

Ed

Begorrah! I'll try that today. My Grandmother O'Brien will smile down on me from Heaven, for sure. I'll use do it on the Chevy.

This one has only made one trip to town for coffee at the diner and ain't had so much as a fly spec on it:

post-46237-143142858206_thumb.jpg

post-46237-143142858203_thumb.jpg