Sign in to follow this  
Dwight Romberger

1914 REO on Craigslist---must see

Pretty nice... I suspect that might be a 12 rather than a 14. The center shift and LHD were first made in 12. In 10, 11 & 12 there was a "sport touring" (I forget the proper name for it) with that same hooded cowel while by 11 most of the bodies were slab sided with front doors. I've had both an 10 and an 11... its a fairly small "30 HP" so I'd imagine it would be pretty sluggish with that many people aboard. Mountain Wagon is a bit excessive... It looks like a car that was originally used to pick people up at the station for one of the old-time resorts.

Thats a pretty strange ad... it doesn't mention the auction company, or where the auction will take place or have a phone number to call.

Edited by JV Puleo (see edit history)

There is an email and telephone number if you click on the contact icon.

Wayne

It looks like 1913 was the last year for gas headlights. The 1914 Reo ads herald new modern electric starting and headlights. I would guess this car is a 1913 model that was sold and "registered" in 1914.

With numbers from 1 to 5 it should be fuel tank pressure guage, with a hand pump somewhere to keep the fuel moving. I am not sure where you need to keep the pressure for best uphill driving. Karl