1929 Chrysler

Rogillio

Looks a lot like my '29 DA. Looks like all the parts are there.....between this board, Myers Early Dodge and other vendors I've been able to get the parts I've needed..this looks in better shape than mine too. Paint, upholstery, rechroming would be pricey and with a sedan you'd never get your money back out of it, but if you're doing it for fun and like the car, then go for it.

Sir, you already have one (your first?) vintage car in pieces. Don't buy another until you find something that is in GOOD going condition and not partially dismantled. Buy something to drive while you learn your trade on old cars. I thought I did that, but alas, not quite true. These things take a lot of maintenance! Mrs Rogillio probably doesn't know it yet, but she could be in danger of becoming an "old car widow".

If you want something of about 1930 that has a good supply of parts, buy a Ford Model A. You can buy just about everything new (reproduction) for them. But you will still only have a lower-market (in its day) model A.

The car had a lot of issues.....the previous 'restoration' deviated a lot from original. I could have gotten it for $4k but turned him down.

it was cool seeing another vehicle as old as mine. It made me appreciate how original and historically correct mine is. I can't wait to get my Dodge back and continue the restoration.