Metal Rescue to the rescue????????

edhd58

http://www.metalrescue.com/consumer.aspx

That is a link to a website that sells an immersion type metal restorer. My question is, has anyone here ever tried this for themselves and does it do what it says it will? I have a lot of parts from my 42 Ford I can use this product on if it does what it says it will. I've watched several demos on Youtube as well, I just want to hear from someone here that has actually used it.

I have experimented with a molasses solution at about 1 part molasses (from the feed store) to 6 or 7 parts water. Soaked for a week or more.

It takes off surface rust quite well. It will not touch any paint or grease so the parts need to be paint and grease free to get a good job.

Over all, cheap and easy and environmental friendly.

Don't let the mold worry you, its just molasses.

I've been using evaporust available at autozone and have been happy enough to have bought over 10 gallons of the stuff so far. It will degrease as well. it runs around 20-22 a gallon a little less if it's on sale. It's biodegradeable and non toxic. I've turned a bunch of friends on to it and they all have been real pleased.

Vermontboy is right on, check into electrolysis rust removal. You can make your own tank cheap from easy to get parts at a hardware. Use it over and over for pennies and it works great. First one I made was out of a 5 gallon plastic bucket, I liked it so well i'm moving up to a 250 gallon farm tank for larger parts.