Unknow speedster

Guest Fernando Talalarga

Guest Fernando Talalarga

Someone could identify this car? It s my grandfather in Brasil. I think in Mercury body...in a 25 Chevrolet?

post-99731-143142429556_thumb.jpg

Guest Fernando Talalarga

Thanks! I am trying to put a large image but its to large... I posted this in a Brazilian blog and they think its a 1925 Chevrolet speedster.. but I think its car is bigger..

I finally had time to sort through my old photos and find this speedster I photographed at a VCCA show a few years ago. It is a 1926 and I think it is a Mercury body. The wheels and fenders on the old photo above look older than 1925 to me. I would say it's an early 1920's Chevrolet with a 1925-26 radiator shell and a Mercury body. Don

post-36901-143142433316_thumb.jpg

post-36901-143142433325_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Fellas,

I thought I would weigh in a bit, to my eyes, this is a 1925-26 Chevy Superior roadster, and it does not have a Mercury body. A Mercury Sportabout body would have had a single passenger door, fittings for a canvas top, a different windshield frame and tell-tale air vents on at least the side for ventilation. In this case, someone has altered the stock windscreen and made up different panels from the original cowl back. I think its a 1925 due to the early thin round headlamp bar I think i am seeing, and then, there are what look like Model T headlamps....eeekkkk... Still, a very sporting looking car.

Hats off to Don above, he really has taken the two best photos of Pinky Randall's restored Mercury bodied car on a Superior Chassis, circa 1926, along with a 1928 center dash assembly....GM now owns this particular car. But Don's photos show the car at its best. I had people in my office reacting v. positively to them.

Ciao,

Jay

• 4 years later...