1941 DESOTO REAR FENDER STONE GUARDS

Guest mnskaggs46

Guest mnskaggs46

I am looking for rear fender stone guards for my 1941 DeSoto. I uploaded a picture I found on the internet which shows what I am looking. The ones in the picture are rubber and that is what I am looking. Thanks in advance.

Mel Skaggs

post-94123-143142420526_thumb.jpg

I think it's factory. There are several example photos on the internet. In 1941 Packard also had a 'running board delete' package that included chrome gravel guards. If it were my DeSoto, I think I'd pass on the guards and just avoid gravel roads.

Guest mnskaggs46

The reason I am looking for them is that I do VCRA road rallies. A lot of the roads we run on are rough. No gravel, paved but have stones etc on them. Does anyone know where I can find them? Thanks

Guest bkazmer
I think it's factory. There are several example photos on the internet. In 1941 Packard also had a 'running board delete' package that included chrome gravel guards. If it were my DeSoto, I think I'd pass on the guards and just avoid gravel roads.

The Packard ones are normally rubber covered also - look at the 41 ads. Most of them show the "modern style" version with painted headlight rims, running board delete, and the "feather" hood ornament.

Guest mnskaggs46

Yes I tried Lynn Steele. They have the material but not precut or formed. I did find them at Metro Moulded Parts, Inc. I ordered a pair.

Thanks all for your help.

Mel Skaggs

• 1 month later...
Guest mnskaggs46

Ok went to install them. Had to trim to fit. Major problem is when I applied rubber cement as directed and place on vehicle, it took the paint off. Not a good thing at all, so going without.

Ok went to install them. Had to trim to fit. Major problem is when I applied rubber cement as directed and place on vehicle, it took the paint off. Not a good thing at all, so going without.

So, did you buy the parts from Metro Molded Rubber ?

• 2 months later...
Guest mnskaggs46

Here is an update. The guards for Metr Molded Subber did not work. So I tried film guard in black, had a terrible time and it did not want to conform either. So I tried Removable Rubber Coating called Elasticwrap from Eastwood. Followed the instructions and it seems to work as advertised. See pictures below. Now let's see how long it will last.

post-94123-143142588835_thumb.jpg

post-94123-143142588829_thumb.jpg