Riviera Senior pictures

Guest Kaber

I've got to do the math here. If he's 18 then the he was born in 1996. That means the car is 33 years older than he is. If I were to have done the same thing for a picture my senior year in high school, the car would have to have been built in 1914. Lord I feel old. Were the street even paved back then? Rene' Thomas, a Frenchman, won the Indianapolis 500 at an average speed of just over 95 miles per hour, and Henry Ford was still going to be building the Model T for another 13 years.

Ed

Great pic's Kaber! That's pretty cool and even if the car gets sold he'll always have those pictures. I wished they had done senior pictures like that when I was in school. My dad does have a picture of me on graduation day in my cap and gown with my 69 SS Camaro. At that time it was just a 13 year old Camaro, who knew they would be worth so much now. BTW, I grew up in Urbana, not too far from you guys down in Dayton. -Dave

Guest Kaber
Very nice Kaber. It's nice to know that a high school senior would be interested in having his senior pictures taken with a classic Riviera. Bodes well for the future of our hobby. Hopefully, he'll get to take his prom date out in your car!

Well, Rivfan, the car is HIS car. He got it last summer and we have been fixing it up since then. We hope to install our newly recovered seats in the next couple of weeks and get it ready for the last couple of months of his senior year! And yes , Prom. But again he dosen't have to borrow it from me.............

Kaber

Guest Kaber
Great pic's Kaber! That's pretty cool and even if the car gets sold he'll always have those pictures. I wished they had done senior pictures like that when I was in school. My dad does have a picture of me on graduation day in my cap and gown with my 69 SS Camaro. At that time it was just a 13 year old Camaro, who knew they would be worth so much now. BTW, I grew up in Urbana, not too far from you guys down in Dayton. -Dave

Thanks Dave,

He really likes this car, as do I. I hope it will be around for a LONG time. I have a picture of me in my cap and gown in my driveway on my high school graduation 1983, next to my 71 Formula Firebird. I graduated from college in 2006, Live in the same house, same driveway and yes I got a picture in my cap and gown next to my 71 Formula, again! The difference is I drove the Formula to my graduation in '83, I did not drive it to graduation in 2006. I also have a 1970 Chevelle I have had since I was 14. We are serial keepers of stuff.....LOL!

Guest Pearville
Thanks Dave,

He really likes this car, as do I. I hope it will be around for a LONG time. I have a picture of me in my cap and gown in my driveway on my high school graduation 1983, next to my 71 Formula Firebird. I graduated from college in 2006, Live in the same house, same driveway and yes I got a picture in my cap and gown next to my 71 Formula, again! The difference is I drove the Formula to my graduation in '83, I did not drive it to graduation in 2006. I also have a 1970 Chevelle I have had since I was 14. We are serial keepers of stuff.....LOL!

Congrats, on your sons graduation, and on your teaching him that old things do not have to be thrown away. Good thing to teach him since he probably will be making the decisions on your life when you are old. LOL. He probably is much safer in his car than any of the kids in new ones.

P.S. I drove my cousin's 57 Chev 2drhrdtop to my prom in 62. Don't have the car anymore but I still got the same girl.

Congrats, on your sons graduation, and on your teaching him that old things do not have to be thrown away. Good thing to teach him since he probably will be making the decisions on your life when you are old. LOL. He probably is much safer in his car than any of the kids in new ones.

P.S. I drove my cousin's 57 Chev 2drhrdtop to my prom in 62. Don't have the car anymore but I still got the same girl.

Gotta love your perspective on things Mike. Too funny!

When I had my senior pictures taken I sat in the same chair in front of the same plain background screen that the other 300 kids did in 1979. There are some things that don't change however. Most likely Kabers son is the only one with a Riviera in his class and probably whole school as I was the only kid in school with a Riviera.

I was the only kid in my school with an 11 year old, two door, 292ci, four barrel, three on the floor speed-o-matic shifter when I graduated high school....a 56' Merc!!