48 Roadmaster Sedanette

Guest my3buicks

Guest shadetree77

Wow!! That is cool! That's not a bad price for a 2 door sedanette either!! Love to have that one. Can someone tell me what the vent under the back window is for? Never noticed that before.

post-75106-143142327706_thumb.jpg

I don't think I meet the seller's qualifications: Please only serious people who want this car. NO DREAMERS or STROKERS or SCAMERS.

The two cars I own that came from people with attitudes similar to this guy are the ones I drive the least. The stigma of the previous owners really does linger on after the sale.

The car is in Vernon now. It was in Ithaca a couple of months ago.

No dreamers, huh? Even the Prius buyers dream they are saving the world.

Bernie

"I'll have to find another excuse!"

Well, here's few.

- I just bought a new baby grand piano, (this is true) I could of bought and at least partly restored this car with what I spent on the piano. Though the piano is easier on gas than a '48 Roadmaster.

- I have my wife's '68 Wildcat convert to do next.

- I don't have anywhere to keep it.

I'm sure I can think of a few more, if needed!

But I sure do like those 47 and '48 Sedanettes!

Keith

Guest my3buicks
"I'll have to find another excuse!"

Well, here's few.

- I just bought a new baby grand piano, (this is true) I could of bought and at least partly restored this car with what I spent on the piano. Though the piano is easier on gas than a '48 Roadmaster.

- I have my wife's '68 Wildcat convert to do next.

- I don't have anywhere to keep it.

I'm sure I can think of a few more, if needed!

But I sure do like those 47 and '48 Sedanettes!

Keith

Next to my Buick's, my Baby Grand is my most prized possession.

It got me thinking - pre 49 Roadmaster Sedanette or 1949? I owned a 49 Roadmaster Sedanette but I also love the "Airfoil" styling of the 42-48's.

RORO isn't that expensive anymore so there are a lot of nice cars going back to the US too (from Europe), no stress. :)

(And TBH, most Swedes do rescue a lot of those cars in the US that would otherwise be crushed or "restored" with a spray can and popped in tin can floor pans. There are a lot of serious builders there up north!)

Edited by Wilf DeSoto (see edit history)

Between 2000 and 2005 I helped get around 20 cars to Sweden. We got two in a container and it cost $1500 to ship them from New Jersey to Gutenberg. Some guys on the west coast were stacking four in a container, but we didn't get that brave.

No Ford's were shipped we figured the salty ocean air would leave a little pile of dust at the end of the trip.

The cars were pretty average or they were big projects. Here is a Caddy some brave Swede took on (not one from me):

a0015.JPG

a0016.JPG

Now that's a pretty big job.

I always figured getting a little cash flowing into the US was a heck of a lot better than the guys in Washington were doing.

Those Nordic countries like their old cars as much as we do and without shipping a few American cars over all they would have is a bunch of old Volvos and Saabs. Who would wish that on anyone.

Although I have posted this link before, it is a small town of about 10,000 in the middle of Sweden having a Cruise In: http://brockportinternational.com/xjs/Dir5/Tidaholm/

and here is my town having one around the same time: http://brockportinternational.com/xjs/Dir5/05%20Brockport%20Cruise/

Not a whole ton of differences, just a bunch of old car guys.

Bernie

.... Let me be the first to thank all for "rescuing" all these U.S. parts cars and projects from us running or not. God only knows what would happen if they stayed around here what with all our spray cans and S.A.E. tools. If there is anything else you may want don't hesitate to buy it if you can get it, as everyone else is and since we are all just car guys. As Flattop indicated, there are lots of fellas who make this their only chosen hobby and willing to sell n ship the inventory straight on out. After all, we already have loads of old Volvos and Saabs over here already so don't have to worry about that, but we are willing to ship them back anytime if needed. :)

Edited by buick man (see edit history)

• 11 months later...