Fender Welting 24-26

MikeC5

I just don't know for certain. My car was "gussied up" with a black and green paint job most likely in the 1960's. I will however stand by my thought as not all cars had welting that was visible. I'm not certain my fenders were ever off the car either. You pose a very good question!

Mike, As has been mentioned there was no fender welting used on Dodge Brothers at least up to and including '28. Not sure after that, but I seem to recall there was none even on my '34 pickup. Good Luck and Keep 'em Dodgin'

Rodger "Dodger"

My 1928 Senior 2249 definitely had welting on the rear fenders but the front fenders we were not sure about. I may put in on anyway since I already have the welting material. I'll see how it looks when I get around to putting the front fenders on. The rear ones are already done. My 1925 coupe has no welting.

Here's my two cents. Attached is one of a bunch of pictures I took for a club member while checking a 1930 DC8 for him. The car was in a storage container for 10 years. Prior to that it was in a barn unrestored. The picture shows the beading on thefront fender. Joe C.

post-55590-143141977411_thumb.jpg

Edited by Joe Cozza
deleted the word "left" (see edit history)

Thank you Rodger and all others who responded. I did buy fender welting already but it sounds like they didn't use it in '25. I may just cut off the bead since it doesn't seem like metal to metal is such a great idea if you spend a lot of money on a nice paint job (not that I have yet)...