Barn find 1953 Coronet.

Guest 53dodgeguy

Guest 53dodgeguy

Just wanted to post a Picture of My new Barn Find. I just found this 1953 Dodge Coronet 4-dr after sitting in a garage for 45 years. 6cyd 3 speed, No radio, No clock, 2 tone paint and thats about it. But what a beauty! Wish it could have been a 2 door with the Red Ram Hemi but I am still happy with this. Still has the original tires and spare. Seats look like they never have been sat on. Everything inside Looks as New!!! Outside has cleaned up very nice also. Still has the extra set of keys wired to the lock on the inside of glovebox. Rebuilt Carb and cleaned gas tank and it started right up. Sounds great. Now have it at a shop where they are going thru the brakes. Cant wait to drive it. Thanks For Looking!

Edited by 53dodgeguy (see edit history)

Guest 53dodgeguy
Boy, that must have been boring for you sitting in that garage for 45 years! LOL

yes 45 years is a long time. Not one of favorite years or body styles but the condition and the more i look at it everyday is really starting to overtake me. I first idea was to just resell it but think I will hold on to it for awile and enjoy it. The funny part about it is that I came home from the hospital when I was born in my parents 53 Dodge sedan but they soon traded it on a New 1956 Chevrolet Belair Hardtop. thanks for reading.

Great looking car These were sold in Australia,assembled in Adelaide South Aust from knock down kits. Chrysler sold 3 makes Dodge Kingsway Custom, Desoto Diplomat And a Plymouth Savoy and a Cranbrook. They all shared the same body but had different front end treatments They had a good name for there rugged and strong design although I can remember one uncle saying that parts were expensive If I had a 50s car it would be either one of the three cars I have mentioned Ron

Cars in that good of shape, original as I may say, are very hard to find now and in the future. Most of the "cruise nights" around here anyway, are filled with newer cars and fiberglass hotrods. I'm getting bored to tears looking at the hundreds of them. You've got a real antique car there and I'll bet you'll have a ball driving it around town. Roll-up windows and a heater!! I'm envious!

Guest CaptainGTX

Like yours, mine also sit in a garage for 45 years (1964-2009). I'll grant that yours is in better shape than mine, which was put away very "wet", including 1/2" of mud on the underside. My first car was a 53 Coronet 4 dr with Red Ram, so I have a soft spot for any 53. Good luck & have fun with it, because you don't see them at every car show.