1934 Dodge T J Richards body

Tinkeys

[ATTACH=CONFIG]197713[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]197714[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]197715[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]197716[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]197717[/ATTACH] Had to totally strip down engine and repair engine block it had an unsuccesful repair in oil gallery which is now 100% Made windscreen winder tape working fantanstic

Nice work done on the car. What was the oil problem?

At some stage before engine was reconditioned No.5 conrod nut had hit oil gallery inside block, and previous engine builder attemted to plug it with not so good welding , which ment oil pressure has bleeding back into sumppost-89075-143141944891_thumb.jpg This was as I found it !!

Edited by Tinkeys
Wrong picture (see edit history)

Hey Tony,

Never seen a pizza oven used like that before. Talk about adapt to the situation !!!!

Will you be around Saturday. Think I might come for a drive, maybe Ken is around too on my trip.Sorry

Cheers

Ian

sorry Ian going to Paynesville this weekend back on Monday night !

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Dave for not letting you know ! I did receive the stand I am happy with it ! It's just like the original I will work on it to get out small grind marks that's not a problem and it has saved me trying to fabricate one .

i didn't take any pics of vacuum canister next chance I get I will take pics of material I used and finished unit and explain how I went about the repairs . I am also going to fit a CDI ignition module for my new engine to burn modern fuels better.

cheers Tony.

post-89075-1431420093_thumb.jpgThis is the silicon rubber sheet I used to make a diaphram for distributor.

I used oxy acetelene to soften rolled edge peeled it back with flat screw driver , taken it apart dollyed rolled edge even ,remade diaphram rivited to actuator ,clamped two halves together and peened edge together with dolly and hammer gently ! will fit it to car shortly.

Cheers Tony.

I finally got around to test my rebuilt distributor advance canister It Works ! I am now getting about 13deg. Advance in timing over mechanical timing ! On light throttle wich makes engine cruise effortlesy !

full power seems the same but cruise is defiantly better , can't wait to try her out on a long drive to see difference in MPG !

just keeps getting better !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dodge KCL !

Now that you mentioned it I dont know which one it is ,although I did test it with some fuel in a tin and it did not react so I am hoping its OK , if not I will do it again , we can always learn by our mistakes Cheers Tony.

• 2 weeks later...
I finally got around to test my rebuilt distributor advance canister It Works ! I am now getting about 13deg. Advance in timing over mechanical timing ! On light throttle wich makes engine cruise effortlesy !

full power seems the same but cruise is defiantly better , can't wait to try her out on a long drive to see difference in MPG !

just keeps getting better !

I am impressed. How do you measure the number of degrees advance? Do you have a protractor or did you make up something?

Ray.

• 1 month later...