RHINEBECK, NY SHOW THIS WEEKEND

jscheib

Just wanted to give any and all Buick owners in the Noertheast planning to attend (and lovely weather is expected) that there is to be a designated parking area for all Buicks. If you take advantage of this there will be no judging of these cars, but there will be frendship. Also Ron Kline of the Lower Hudson Valley Chapter is a vendor along the fence along Route 9. Stop by and say hello.

John

Could you please give me more info about the Lower Hudson Valley Chapter?

Just wanted to give any and all Buick owners in the Noertheast planning to attend (and lovely weather is expected) that there is to be a designated parking area for all Buicks. If you take advantage of this there will be no judging of these cars, but there will be frendship. Also Ron Kline of the Lower Hudson Valley Chapter is a vendor along the fence along Route 9. Stop by and say hello.

John

Saturday is the hot rod day but each day is the swap meet. Not too much Buick related stuff at this event but a lot of Buick friends.

Thanks to Ron Kline for the hot dogs. And looky who I met there...Jackofalltrades70 ( Matt Whitaker and son Kevin plus Summer67 ( Ed Allmond). Here's a two pics for Rob McDonald and did someone need a Motometer? post-31834-143141885218_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143141885166_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143141885179_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143141885189_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143141885199_thumb.jpg

post-31834-14314188521_thumb.jpg

Nice Buick Radiator Caps. Looks like Donny Meltz's space. He always has a lot of good stuff. Sorry I was not around yesterday to meet up with Matt. Hopefully I will see you other guys in a few hours. Had to keep working on a D6D Caterpillar Bulldozer project. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Thanks to all and I really enjoyed my trip to the show. Was nice meeting Ron and was able to chat with him awhile. JohnD1956 and Ed were great companions and it really felt like being around family while passing some time and a story or two about cars with them. I will be attending other outings as it wasn't too far away and if the rest of you gents are as fun to be around, I'd be a fool not to make the trip again.

Thanks to John Scheib for his contacting me to make sure I made it alright and no apologies are needed for not meeting up. We'll meet one of these days!

Same goes for Dandy Dave! Sure look forward to seeing your 1915 one of these trips.

Matt

What a great turn out yesterday. Glad that 4 Bufords and his son stopped by. Jeff Morton Also had his 1915 C-24 Buick at the show and we chatted a bit. John Scheib and a few other forum members also met up for a bit of conversation. And the Up State New York Chapter gang is always fun to be around. It seems like that there was almost always someone around wanting to know about my car. At the end of the day when things thinned out, some of the USNY Chapter Members had a ride in my 1915 Buick. I think it made have been the highlight of their day. :D Always glad to give rides when the time is right. :cool: Dandy Dave!

Mark,

Sorry. I tok no photos and I am not sure if anyone did.

Dave, So that was Jeff Morton's car! I did not check the name on the card.

It is interesting to note. We had four attendees from Yankee Chapter, and 50% were regular forum users.

John

For those of the readers not familiar with Rhinebeck, I offer this. Matt was only there on Saturday. Keep in mind folks, Saturday is for Rods and Customs, Sunday for antiques. I hope someone has photos from Sunday. I do not.

John

I have a few pictures to share but I need more time to get them posted. I really did not take many because it strikes me that I can go back to several years worth of pictures and see virtually the exact same cars in the exact same places year after year, so I did not invest more pixils on the subject. But I did snap a few of some cars I have't seen before. Here is one that I was facinated with. I an wondering if that is a Buick 2 Cylinder motor in this carriage? .. and by the way, THANKS Dandy Dave for the ride around the field in the Chartreuse Lady. First time I was ever in a car older than a 38, and it was very cool! post-31834-143141888932_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143141888896_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143141888907_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143141888915_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143141888924_thumb.jpg

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)

JD, That is an International Harvester High Wheeler. They came in both Air and Water Cooled versions and were built as late as 1916. This is an earlier example. International built their own engines. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

But back to the 40's:

img_4251_original.jpg

Note: This one is for sale too, just it was on the show field:

img_4253_original.jpg

Not a Buick, but I love this Hudson!

img_4254_original.jpg

img_4255_original.jpg

Packard I believe:

img_4256_original.jpg

A very nice original Buick:

img_4257_original.jpg

And a Chrysler I believe?

img_4258_original.jpg

Thanks, JohnD, some good pics. Looks as if you enjoyed yourself.

I had one of those '71 Estate wagons in about '79. Great car.

Ben

Thanks Ben. It was a good time even though I forgot the sunscreen and my burn still itches. I know of a 72 Estate Wagon sitting in a barn right now, at least I think it is still there. Doesn't look as good as this one but I'd still like to have it, if the price wasn't so astronomical.

Guest Rob McDonald

It took nudge with a Private Message from JohnD but, hey, I'm awake. Now. Lovely show with a couple of lovely Road Toads. (Gotta take that thing out of my signature - people are getting the wrong idea about me.) That Free Spirit Estate Wagon is a real startler. Pace Car for what? The soccer moms' grand prix?