Meet "The Old Lady" - A 1950 Ford Custom

Guest mrwoolery

Guest mrwoolery

This is my 1950 Ford Custom. Last year I literally bought it from the old lady next door. She had it for sale for a couple of years, but had never advertised it or did anything to let people know it was for sale. This Ford had been sitting in her garage for the last 15 years virtually undriven. It's all original with the numbers matching flathead V8 in the engine bay, 3 on the tree manual, original tube radio, and the optional "Miracle Air" package. She even has the vintage tags and an old AAA badge!

One day, she approached me and asked me if I wanted to buy it. I told her I couldn't afford it, but was willing to help her find someone to buy it from her (we both knew the value of the car). Instead, she said she wanted it gone then and there, liked that I was a car guy, had never sold or flipped any of my cars, and offered to sell it to me for the miserly sum of $1K under the condition that I take care of/restore the car. I jumped on that offer!

I put some air in the tires and with the help of my Dad and a couple friends, pushed it out from her garage into mine, where I got to tinkering on it. I eventually got her running and on the road again. I christened the car "The Old Lady" in reference to the story around the car.

She needs a lot of TLC though, and I intend to give it to her. Eventually, I want this car to be solid and running reliably with no issues so I can take her on cruise nights and the occasional road trip.

3ODep.jpg

hlJgV.jpg

6YMg2.jpg

7uPSt.jpg

DOZIQ.jpg

I'm open to any insights or suggestions you folks my have as well. Thanks for your time. :)

Guest mrwoolery

I do plan to do that. I've already entered her into an online contest that will hopefully allow me to restore her drivetrain and interior. If you like, you can vote for me there. :)

http://bit.ly/Vk8EnC

Just click on the link, then scroll down and click on the "Vote For This Entry" button.

Guest PhippsAuto

Love the car! She's just a year older than mine. Just voted for you in that contest --- hope you win so you can get her back on the road on a regular basis.

Guest mrwoolery
Great story - classic Ford! Gotta love "The Old Lady!" Can you post up a close-up photo of the vintage AAA badge and whats that just below the rear plate?

Thanks,

Chuck

I'll take a pic of the AAA badge and post it up soon. The little thing below the rear plate is a little metal tag that has the crrent registration stickers on it. I don't want to put the stickers on the original plates.

Guest mrwoolery

Until I can get a more close up picture of the AAA badge, here's what I was able to zoom into with one of my existing pictures...

5EjI0.jpg

Guest mrwoolery

Thank you for your support so far, folks! Only ten days left in the contest, so we're really getting down to the wire. Please take some time to vote for my entry every day until the contest ends on the 28th. :)

Here's an updated link to my entry that you can use to vote with, or you can use the link in my signature as well. Thanks!

Tinkernation » Ride Easy and Win!

Guest mrwoolery

Hey guys! I'm currently in first place, but noticed that the new second place runner is gaining on me FAST! Please keep voting for me, and if you can, please share my entry on other forums, boards, etc. Now is the crunch time, these last few days will REALLY make or break us! Thanks!

Tinkernation » Ride Easy and Win!