• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shoe1932
Annual South Central Regional Fall Meet

Hosted by Alamo Chapter, BCA

Fredericksburg Inn and Suites, Fredericksburg, Texas

October 26 – 28, 2012

http://www.buickclub.org/alamo/2012regionalregistration.pdf

Old Tank

Live in Austin and thinking of going. Have been to National AACA meets before but this would be my first Buick meet. Is there judging at this meet and are there things like DPC class. Have a great looking 1932 -67 but it is an older restoration and would be beat up a bit in 400 point judging.

Thanks

Shoe--

I hope you can make it. The show is 'laid-back' and is about the people as well as the cars. The judging is peer judging...following is the gist of the voting form:

Please list your choice of the top 10 (ten) cars. The order of preference is not important.

After ballots are tallied, awards will be given to the cars that received the top 10 (ten) votes. A ‘Best of Show’ award will be given to the car getting the most votes. Write the entrant numbers below.

Other awards that you may or may not want are “Long Distance Award” and “Hard Luck Award”.

I predict that you will have fun and your car will do well in the judging.

Willie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hit a deer coming home driving a 62 Special. Apparently, you are supposed to call the police and file a report in Texas when that happens. I wasn't gonna call the cops after having some of Bill S.'s beer and have to give a breath-test. They should give that big-a$$ buck a crack test for running in front of a car...

I hit a deer coming home driving a 62 Special. Apparently, you are supposed to call the police and file a report in Texas when that happens. I wasn't gonna call the cops after having some of Bill S.'s beer and have to give a breath-test. They should give that big-a$$ buck a crack test for running in front of a car...

You realize, that in Texas, the State Game Wardens have the most power of any law enforcement official? But considering I didn't see any DNA on that car, at least on the outside, when I saw it parked in Johnson City with the morning dew still on it, they'd have to find the bodily assault victim for a report to be filed by "it".

I will say that damage was NOT nearly as extensive as I had suspected, at least to the sheet metal and ornamentation.

Not nearly as many opportunities for "rascally behaviour" this year, Mr. Earl. But still a nice reason for us to get out of town.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Was that buck crossing in a designated and signed "Deer Crossing" zone. If not they should ticket him for that too. It just irritates the heck out of me when I see deer totally disregarding those signs and just crossing the road wherever they like. Sometimes whole family's of them. The parents should be setting an example. Wha's this world coming to?