1953 Super Windshield and Rear Glass Rubber

WillBilly53

Can anybody recommend a good place to get Windshield and Rear Glass Rubber?

- Steel Rubber has both for around $474

- Kanter has both for around $451

- ClassicBuicks has both for around $416

Obviously I'm attracted to Classicbuicks' price, but have only purchase small/under $30 stuff from them. Has anybody ever purchased rubber from them with good results? Or does someone have a better recommendation?

(Bob's doesn't carry either for my year and model)

Guest chevy_dude97

Sorry to Hijack, I too am interested in quality/fitment from these vendors.

WillBilly, I bought mine for the '50 from Cars, Inc. It came from Steele.

Ben

Ben

How hard was the install? Been wanting to R2 mine before I finish repairs to the interior so it will not leak any more.

five things you need when installing rubber set glass.

A handy friend, Patience, Beer, Rope and this 3M Auto Bedding and Glazing Compound 1/10 gal cartridge 08509

This stuff is messy as hell, dont get it where you don't want it. It does not take much. but it will insure a leak free glass seal.

People think you can just put the glass in the seal and install it and it won't leak. This is not always the case. A small bead in the glass side of the channel, put the glass in the channel and install it in the car.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by trickrk (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
five things you need when installing rubber set glass.

A handy friend, Patience, Beer, Rope and this 3M Auto Bedding and Glazing Compound 1/10 gal cartridge 08509

This stuff is messy as hell, dont get it where you don't want it. It does not take much. but it will insure a leak free glass seal.

People think you can just put the glass in the seal and install it and it won't leak. This is not always the case. A small bead in the glass side of the channel, put the glass in the channel and install it in the car.

Just my 2 cents

Will, I can be the "handy friend" if you provide rest. I like

post-31987-143139192963_thumb.jpg

Heck yeah, man. That's next on my paycheck. Let's just be sure to start the libations AFTER we get the glass installed! Fat Tire is one of my favorites as well, great seeing you and Rita yesterday and MUCHAS GRACIAS for the shoulder bolts. After I put her all back together and discover my bolts in a random ziplock bag in the vortex that is my garage, I'll return them to you. :)