Looking for gear device for vent windows

Guest btate

They are not readily available, unless you find NOS. But they can be repaired and lubricated. If the plate on the backside of shaft is not there, it will be in the bottom of the door. Even if present, file off the riveted areas to disassemble for cleaning. Drill and tap to assemble with new screws.

I can rebuild for $200 each.:)

Willie

Guest btate

I noticed on the web site of Classis Chevy.com they had them for a 55' Chevrolet at about $60.each. I wonder if it is the same one. In addition the inside door handles, the window cranks, and vent windows at Classic Chevy are about 200per cent cheaper than the Buick's at Fusick's. Does anyone know if they are inter changeable ? Major different in cost.

I know that must seem strange, but I am weird I guess. If the part has some surface rust or just does not look good, I just want to replace it. Long story short, when I get thru re storing a car , it is mine for life, due to the money I put in it, nobody would give me what I would need. I see cars all the time where rusted parts are put back on the car. I believe it was last year, a 1950 Chevrolet (green and white car) won car of the year in some tour. They showed details of the build and I watched them use all the rusty clips holding on all the stainless. For me that car was junk. I know others feel different. I guess I should list all my parts I am replacing, someone may need them. I replaced all the interior door handles, window cranks, inner door gear and all of it works and was not that bad. I want the inside hidden to look as good as the outside.

I received my vent window gear housing this afternoon, so I will check if it is the same one as the Buick. It looks just like it, but will know tomorrow. I believe all interior and internal door hardware I'd the same as the 55 Chevy. The 55 chevy is about 2/3 thirds less money.

the gear mounting legs are about a i/4" longer. I think I will be OK since I am doing new interior as we can punch another hole thru the inner metal for the spur post. I will check it out next week. Otherwise the parts are exactly the same. The door laches are exactly the same. The internal window gear is the same except the mounting holes but I think we can handle that but will advise next week

So, in other words, you saved money buying the wrong part(s) and now you have to spend money altering door panels and mounting holes?

You ask us questions then do what you want to anyway.

55 Chevy parts don't interchange. They just don't.

Either fix what you have (bead-blasting erases rust so it isn't rusty anymore inside your doors) or buy a 55 Chevy.

Later...

So far the two door latches are perfect matches and the two checks are perfect matches, seems the two inner cranks may work, but the classic chevy said I can send back if parts do not fit the buick. I have already saved a bundle. But I do appreciate any help I can get, but since they will take them back I had nothing to lose