1995 centurie

BUKE

Got a 1995 Buick Century for my wife(good trade ) it only has 100,000 miles one owner and always cared for in Buick dealership. Real clean car. $1200 since we became snow bunnies she needed to keep the car up north and one down south. She thinks I overpaid for the car but it has cold air-conditioned very good heat full leather seats overdrive transmission very clean car. Tell me that I'm right so it will be my turn to say I told you so

have a great Buick day

Frank

(PS see you all in Charlotte)

Telling her " I told you so" is a slippery slope Buke. The fact today is, that's the price range some people consider a winter car. If it's clean and runs well, then you are way ahead on this deal.

Centurys on that body series usually had the Chevy 3.1L V-6 in them. Regal LS got the normal Buick 3800, with the Regal GS getting the Supercharged 3800 V-6.

If it's got leather, that would make it a "Century Limited", I suspect.

These were GREAT cars--period. With 100K miles, though, it might be getting to the point where it'll need some "things" in the coming years. Like brake work and other mileage-related things, if they've not already been done. The dealer should be able to pull up the repair orders from their in-house computer files . . . or even copy the "hard copies" of the repair orders.

I concur with both JohnD and NCReatta. A decent car at a "right price", but the "I told you so" situation could be negatively-"priceless". Just remember to say, whenever she might say something good about the car, "I'm glad you like it." (and smile).

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Get 12 nice, crisp one hundred dollar bills and take her to your local Dealership. Fan the bills out in your hand and tell the salesman you have CASH with a capital "C". He will surely show you a lot better car and prove she is right.

Bernie

The "clean" trade-ins are still out there, but come in sporadically at best. In many cases, current used car managers would automatically wholesale the cars due to mileage or model year, but CARMAX tended to change that somewhat. Now the dealerships have been saving "the good ones" for themselves to make that $$$$ for them rather than let somebody else make it.

But there are still managers/appraisers who want "in" those cars as easy as they can, meaning they only give enough to get the new (or newer used car) car deal done. As long as the owner feels they got a decent deal, that's all that really matters as they drive off in their new/newer vehicle. Hence, these cars become much easier to purchase and usually get sold "as is" or end up on "tote the note lots".

In any event, it can be a highly variable situation AND one you have to find just after it's happened.

Enjoy!

NTX5467