1932 PLY CONVERTIBLE COUPE FOR SALE

Guest dgiorgi

Guest 1929model75

I would have to say after seeing what Model A's sold for at Barrett Jackson the Plymouth is reasonable since its ten times the car. Just my 2 cents. Chris

Guest dgiorgi

Thank you for the kind words on my Plymouth guy's...For the ones that thinks it's a lot of money, well what can I say, don't buy it, don't look at it and don't ask me for any more pictures. I think it's worth it, blue book value seems to think so too, as well as those with some intelligence on here... again, thank you for the "positive comments" guy's! Regards, DG.

Guest dgiorgi

John , I used this and I keep getting a failure, even when I responded to the one I received from you? I just don't understand whats going on, I will try again...thank you buddy.

Guest dgiorgi

Hello Johnnie, I used the link on here and I still get the mail failure...I just can't figure it out. Perhaps another email? If so mail me and I will try that one, sorry buddy....Regards, David.

Hello Johnnie, I used the link on here and I still get the mail failure...I just can't figure it out. Perhaps another email? If so mail me and I will try that one, sorry buddy....Regards, David.

Your photos may be too large. Can you make them 1500 pixels or so. That may help you send them to me. I did get a shot of the interior that came through. Very beautiful interior!!

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

In the first post on this thread I stated it was alot of money !!!!! did'nt say it was not worth it-----beauty is in the eye of the beholder ---I have a 32 PA plymouth-- when I put that post I had not yet seen the car ----- seems good shape ---as stated by owner several of the parts are missing ,,or not correct ------PB was,, only made half a year-----and at some auctions in the US high prices seemed to be commanded---here in AC,, prices were down last few years,,,, every venue for selling cars does not always bring the same price----did'nt mean to offiend any one-----I really hope you get $ 50.000,,,,then maybe mine might be worth more----------------BR

• 8 months later...
Guest Fast Four Special

I see this is an old post, but did this car sell? If so, for how much? I'm just discovered an original 2-owner Plymouth '32 convertible coupe and want to make the owner an offer that's fair to us both. I think I'll only get one chance. Thoughts?

Guest Fast Four Special

The problem is that this is neither restored or rough. It is similar to my '33 Chrysler CO convertible coupe in that it is a mostly original unmolested driver. To use a greatly over-used term, it is a "survivor". An original well-maintained two-owner, regularly driven, dependable car with dings, chips, a rip in the convertible top and seat, etc. As a person who actually dislikes restored trailer queens, it is my kind of car. One of the joys of living in Big Sky Country is that it is one of the few places you can get in a 80-year old car and go for a long drive without fear of being rear ended by a cretin on a cell phone. I love "drivers". So, that being said, what's the ballpark, given my description? $10K, $15K, $20K, $25K... ?

I don't have a picture of the car, but here is the picture of my '33 Chrysler. The '32 Plymouth is in comparable condition. Curious to hear more input or info about recent sales.

post-64921-143139235094_thumb.jpg

I don't think 15-20 K is an unrealistic offer range. If you can feel the owner out a little cheaper is better as there is always unknown issues that rear there head the first time you really drive it. I gave basically 20 K for my 36 Airstream roadster in my avitar in non running condition. I added All new tires, a full brake job and a complete rebuild of the engine cooling system, exhaust system, interior disassemble and thurough cleaning, rewoodgrained all interior surfaces, rechrome front bumper as wellas much wet sanding and buffing to get it to the point you see it now. It is as you call a driver really needing paint and I still don't have the top fixed yet for it.

I test drove a 33 Plymouth Coupe that I figured was worth around 12500 or so, similar conidition probably needing everything restored and some incorrect components, although it functioned well mechanically and had plenty of patina but was very solid. When it came time for the offer I insulted the owner I think at 12,500. He was stuck at 20,000. I see it ran through ebay twice later and still didn't sell with that 20,000 price.

I always think well what can I buy a restored one for. If the one I'm looking at needs a fair amount of obvious work and isn't a whole lot less than a restored car then walk away.

I know we all like to tinker on our old cars but I have found plenty to tinker on even when they look like they have been all restored.

Nice Chrysler by the way.

Guest Fast Four Special

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking $15-20K myself. I offered him $18K yesterday and after squirming a bit, he said 'not quite there'. I think I'm close. Hoping for a return call soon.

Yes, they all require tinkering, but I dislike driving 'restored' cars and having to constantly worry about rock chips, scratches, hail storms, and driving on gravel roads (this is Montana, after all). I prefer them with some rough edges so I can just drive and enjoy. Of course, finding true 'survivors' can be a challenge.

Thanks for the kind words on my Chrysler. I drove it well over 2000 miles this year... and enjoyed every mile!