Saw these yesterday while in the hills...

keiser31

John,

Tell me how to remove them in seconds. I got them for $2.00 an use them in long term stored cars in remote garages. Now I'm worried. (Also sometimes I can't remember where the keys are.)

It's got a "Club" wow shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to remove that then another 10 to hotwire it. The club was and is a useless theft deterrent easily removed in seconds.

The single exhaust port on the head shows that it is not of the last year or so of the Chev 4. The last ones had two exhaust ports, and I understand were less prone to cracking. (The valve and port diameters were also slightly larger). Avoidable internal exhaust passages were not a bright idea. If only the engine was there and it had three exhaust ports, you would suppose it was Oldsmobile 4.

The single exhaust port on the head shows that it is not of the last year or so of the Chev 4. The last ones had two exhaust ports, and I understand were less prone to cracking. (The valve and port diameters were also slightly larger). Avoidable internal exhaust passages were not a bright idea. If only the engine was there and it had three exhaust ports, you would suppose it was Oldsmobile 4.

Ivan, If my memory serves me correctly, I believe the 1926 Chevy 4 had the "Intrical head", where the exhaust manifold was part of the head. And yes, it is my understanding that they were prone to cracking. Dandy Dave!